Qlaris Bio is a clinical stage biotechnology company founded with a singular focus: to develop novel, innovative therapies for serious and debilitating ophthalmic diseases.
Qlaris Bio's lead program is QLS-101, a novel compound invented at Mayo Clinic and the University of Minnesota. With QLS-101, we are targeting a component of Intraocular Pressure (IOP), Episcleral Venous Pressure (EVP) and outflow distal to the Trabecular Meshwork that remain wholly unaddressed today. QLS-101 may be able to uniquely address diseases of pathologic EVP and also provide new paradigms of treatment for diseases where EVP sets the floor to maximal IOP lowering currently. This includes Sturge-Weber Syndrome, a Pediatric Rare Disease, and Normal Tension Glaucoma.
With a growing platform and compelling pipeline, Qlaris is seeking an individual who will provide project management leadership and be a strategic thought partner of Qlaris’ Project Team. The ideal candidate should possess demonstrated understanding and experience in drug discovery & development to plan, execute, and deliver effective strategies assuring translational research, preclinical, regulatory, and clinical success to drive asset value towards the development of Qlaris' innovative ocular therapeutics.
This role is highly cross-functional. The Project Manager is charged with having a holistic view of the programs and supporting critical path activities, identifying risks, developing contingencies and alternatives strategies, and proactively managing daily project management activities, including schedule development, accurate documentation, maintaining a program budget, communication, and status reporting. The ideal candidate has strong communication and influence skills, ensuring that all team members understand priorities, objectives, deliverables, interdependencies, and timelines.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Provide the cross-functional program view to project teams to build integrated development plans with a focus on orthogonal innovative ocular therapies
- Support development of programs by clearly identifying the critical path and governance stage gate criteria
- Prioritize asset-level deliverables and align across internal functions, vendors, and consultants
- Develop and ensure accuracy of asset timelines, align with each line function’s plan
- Drive process and accountabilities for creation of key, cross-functional deliverables
- Drive execution of strategic recommendations based on status of programs and risk factors
- Proactively identify operational and program issues, drive cross functional resolution, and Partner with functions and finance to maintain accurate Global Asset forecasts and ensure a robust budget process
- Lead team in the implementation of cross-functional program risk management plans including risk and opportunity identification, mitigation strategies, and contingency planning.
- Provide risk assessment on timing of data and readouts to support investment decision making
- Lead vetting of alternative development options across team
- Facilitate the integration and communication across sub-teams to support the efforts of the project teams
- Support continuous improvement efforts with lessons learned, updated governance
Education and Skills Requirements:
- BS in technical discipline, Advanced degree preferred
- At least 2-5 years’ experience with demonstrated success in managing early and late-stage programs with proven results, effective management and leadership skills in a matrix environment.
- Demonstrated program management skills and experience; project management, Six Sigma, Agilent certifications preferred but not required. Illustrate knowledge in the use of common project/task management software and dashboard communication tools
- Ability to lead through influence without authority
- Ability to integrate information
- Ability to identify solutions to cross-functional team issues
- Balanced approach to process versus results-driven leadership and management skills
- Good negotiating skills
- Display strong work ethic, positive attitude, good communication skills, time management abilities, problem-solving skills, acting as a team player, and self-confidence
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Business, analytical and planning skills, ability to identify and describe risks facing the program, explain the problem statement clearly, distinguish pros/cons of each potential solution
- General knowledge of Biotech/Pharma industry and drug development process, basic understanding of competition in Qlaris’ therapeutic areas
- Represents attributes reflective of Qlaris’ Values: Patient focused, bias for action, commitment to excellence, empowered people, and integrity.