The Product Manager role at Constellant is a senior position that facilitates the success of the rest of the company and management team. The successful candidate will provide the leverage to empower company objectives around growth and opening up new markets. The position will have product management responsibilities that will embrace the collective voice of the customer to ensure that it is represented when decisions are made about product roadmap priorities. He or she should serve as a subject matter expert on the ever-evolving needs of the marketplace and of its customers. The position will assist the CEO in helping to develop and champion the company’s business and product strategy.
Founded in 2002, Constellant is a market leader in Ecosystem Management-as-a-Service (EMaaS). We provide our blue-chip customers with end-to-end developer/partner programs that include a state-of-art software platform and subject matter experts. dpEngine is our full-featured, integrated software platform that includes secure registration, content management, trouble ticketing, application catalogs, e-commerce and marketing functionality. We complement this software platform with domain experts in program management, content management, technical support, marketing and developer/partner recruiting.
We have experienced, and continue to experience significant growth. This has resulted in a fast-paced environment that fosters a sense of teamwork and appreciation for individual contributions. The combination of active and driven professional owners/managers along with our core base of passionate employees represents a powerful combination, and a challenging, fun place to work. Our market leadership, financial stability, and small company environment provide the right blend of an entrepreneurial culture in an established business.
Constellant is well-funded and has a strong cash position. The company enjoys strong demand for its product and service offerings, and plans to significantly expand our operations in the fast-growing market of ecosystem management.
- Manage and maintain the customer roadmap that explains the business benefits of the technical Product Plan of Records for our product
- Product positioning and marketing - work with Marketing to make sure that our product is properly positioned and that the marketing materials communicate the business benefits of using the product
- Manage and communicate the priorities for the product in the marketplace such that the development team understands what is most important at a strategic level while at the same time understanding the priorities that customers have paid for
- Assist with driving strategic initiatives for the company, including developing partnerships and other tactical business relationships
- Identify and help solve process issues that interfere with the company being able to deliver a quality product/experience to customers
- Anticipate regulatory issues that might come up that our product must embrace such as Security and Privacy (e.g., GDPR)
- Support the sales team with strategic sales calls while also training and empowering them to be self-sufficient
- Support the marketing team with strategic, thought leadership while also ensuring that they are empowered to be self-sufficient
- Bachelor’s degree
- MBA or equivalent experience preferred
- Five or more years of product management experience
- Three or more years of software development experience for a software/IT vendor
- Strong communication skills; can communicate effectively with business and technical teams.
- Strong understanding of user experience and data integration
- Ability to understand software business strategy and translate it into technical solutions
- Personable, comfortable of presenting to various groups, both technical and CxO level
- Ability to dive into detail combined with the ability to comprehend and discover the bigger picture
- Ability to take complex technology subjects and explain them in simpler terms to allow non-technical executives to understand
- Ability to think without ego so that direction can change when it needs to
- Competitive 401(k) retirement program
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Flexible work from home policy
- Great company culture!