About the Company:
Founded in 2014, Rhone is clothing made for the pursuit of progress. Engineered for an active lifestyle, Rhone fills the void between big-box retailers and high-end yoga brands, delivering best-in-class products specifically for men. Currently, Rhone has three New York store locations: Flatiron, Hudson Yards, and Midtown Manhattan; a store in Connecticut at Chelsea Piers Stamford; and a store in Massachusetts on Newbury Street. Rhone is also sold in all Equinox locations, at Nordstrom, Dillard’s, Peloton Studios, and more than 350 gyms and specialty stores across the country. Rhone is also a proud partner of Stitch Fix.
About the role:
The Merchandise Planner will be responsible for driving sales and profitability for the company.
As an integral contributor to a team and brand creating rapid growth, your job will be fast-paced and constantly evolving. You will need to react rapidly to highly dynamic current selling, and inventory needs while also balancing fabric and materials commitments many months in advance.
To succeed, you will demonstrate strong technical skills and a deeply analytical mindset combined with creative thinking to solve a diverse array of challenges.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with senior leadership, Merchandising, and Product teams on pre-season and in-season plans to align product sales, margin, and inventory strategies across all channels
- Analyze and report on weekly selling and product performance
- Quarterly hindsight and pre-season SKU recommendations to Merchandising and Design
- Aligning buy with product performance, sell-through and inventory levels
- Lead the development, management, and enhancement of tools and processes that support better financial forecasting and product/material planning
- Provide weekly and monthly insights on business and product trends, identifying opportunities to maximize risk/reward on current and planned inventory positions
- Ensure efficient and effective inventory allocations across the emerging retail and digital marketplaces channels
What you’ll bring:
- You possess strong project management skills with the ability to work cross-functionally and independently to meet deadlines
- You have 3+ years of professional experience in relevant merchandise planning, financial analysis, and/or other analytic field
- You have an entrepreneurial attitude, and you love working on fast-paced, dynamic teams
- You are a Microsoft Excel ninja, you have at least some basic experience in SQL, and you have an enthusiasm for all things data
- You are adept at synthesizing business performance into key highlights, root cause analysis, and action plans
- You have a Bachelor's degree or higher
What you’ll get:
- Competitive compensation and opportunities for development and advancement
- Health, dental, vision, 401k savings, and other ancillary benefits
- Open PTO Policy
- 10 Paid Company Holidays
- Balanced lifestyle in a highly collaborative culture
Job Type: Full Time
Reports To: Sr Director, Planning
Location: Stamford, CT