Strive Health is transforming kidney care. Clinical fragmentation and perverse incentives have resulted in stagnant, suboptimal outcomes for kidney disease patients. Strive’s model transforms patient outcomes and experience, reducing hospitalizations by 50%, increasing home dialysis adoption by 30%, and boosting preemptive transplant rates by 5x. Strive creates a significant new revenue stream for provider partners, while putting the health system in a strong position to successfully manage CKD and ESRD risk. Strive is a next generation kidney care service provider that builds highly profitable businesses with health systems.
We are building commercial-grade technology to operate kidney care services at scale. Our data platform is EMR agnostic which would enable data integrations between different applications. We are in progress of building our first applications on the top of the data platform.
The Data Engineer focuses on acquiring data from various sources that are found in a Health System’s ecosystem. Data Engineers become accustomed to both the technical and business details of the source systems and engage with multiple technologies on how to acquire the source data.
- use cloud-native infrastructure and modern software development methodologies
- share ideas freely to keep our software and processes accessible, scalable, and sustainable
- iterate frequently on our software and our processes to enhance outcomes for ourselves and our users
- experiment with emerging technologies to accommodate the expanding scope of this ambitious project
- celebrate each other’s success
- oversee bringing new source systems into the Strive’s Data Platform using various cutting-edge technologies
- have ability to dig into the data and understand business logic within the source system data
- build and perform data validation tests to ensure quality via data pipeline
- balance tasks and priorities between mSultiple client projects and internal initiatives; ensure assigned tasks are executed efficiently and according to project requirements and timelines
- are an expert in Structured Query Language (SQL)
- have experience working with EMR\EHR systems and an understanding of the healthcare clinical domain
- have exposure to Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) concepts and processes
- have a working knowledge of database principles, processes, technologies and tools
- have a working knowledge with structured and unstructured data
- have an experience with processing HL7 messages, CCD documents, and EDI X12 Claims files.
- have a familiarity with development methodologies, including the AGILE development approaches
- are able to code and comprehend code around technologies that deal with acquiring data
- have an experience working with Hadoop and other Big Data Technologies
- have exposure to programming languages such as Python, C#, or Java
- have 3+ years’ experience in healthcare/technology related field