Why Be a RN Case Manager with Strive Health:
- Not your typical case management – we emphasize building relationships with patients rather than “box-checking” and solely following protocols
- Put into action both your clinical and team leadership skills
- Be a valued part of an integrated care team with more support, collaboration and teamwork
- Journey alongside your patients and their families
The Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager works alongside Strive care coordinators and nurse practitioners to coordinate and facilitate quality, cost-effective care while minimizing fragmentation of the healthcare delivery system for CKD and ESRD patients. The RN case manager will supervise the team of care coordinators and social workers while acting as the clinical subject matter expert and resource for patients and their families, the local care team, and other healthcare professionals. Services to patients are generally provided telephonically but there may be programs where on-site visits to clinics, medical offices, hospitals or visits to patient homes are required. The RN Case Manager will manage the care coordination for a panel of patients as well as manage a team of direct reports.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborates with the care team to develop an individualized and comprehensive care plan for the patient
- Proactively contacts the patient and/or clinic on a frequent basis as specified in the program details to assess their situation, provide assistance, and answer questions as necessary
- Revises and adjusts the patient care plan as needed to fit the needs of the patient. Provides updates to care team and family members.
- Identifies patient and/or clinic staff knowledge and understanding deficits regarding their specific program and situation. Provides the appropriate education, support and materials to facilitate informed decision making and understanding.
- Assesses patient conditions, in conjunction with the care team, such as the discovery of unreported medical and social conditions, or changes at home that may lead to adverse outcomes and ensures these concerns are referred to the appropriate sources for attention.
- Excels at developing strong patient/family relationships that fosters engagement and best outcomes for all aspects of Strive Health’s Model of Care
- Skilled and passionate caring for patients with complex needs and is excited about the opportunity
- Serves as a liaison with dialysis facilities, providing care plan updates to help streamline the transitions in care
- Maintains and updates the appropriate program software to manage and record required information and data. Generates and analyzes reports as needed for management, identifying trends, anomalies and areas of concern.
- Adheres to company and clinical guidelines to identify, review, assess and allocate patients for program participation according to their identified needs
- Participates in process improvement activities.
- Supervises Care Coordinators and Social Workers
- Collaborates with all levels of the clinical team to improve processes, communication, and team skills needed to provide the best care to our patients
- BSN or MSN degree from accredited school of nursing required.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of practice required.
- Continuing education credits maintained as required by state of practice required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in clinical nursing required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in renal, ER, ICU, Cardiac, or case management nursing preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of data and managing to clinical, financial, and patient satisfaction outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience and effectiveness in change agent role.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook required