The position Buyer/Planner requires an experienced individual to manage the direction and daily activities of Probe's materials and services. Working within the Supply Chain and Procurement team, the successful candidate will be charged with confirming customer orders’ due dates and ensuring timely logistical processing of product. The Buyer/Planer is also directly responsible for embracing and driving lean enterprise systems throughout our supply chain function.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
Manages Supply Chain activities within the Site. This includes:
- Daily analysis, ordering, and expediting to MRP requirements.
- Establishing preferred supplier selection criteria based on supplier evaluations of price, quality, delivery, certifications, compliance with governmental procurement regulations and Group programs.
- Establish and implement standard/automated re-order procedures.
- Develop crisis management and supplier backup contingency programs.
• Determine key vendor requirements and build framework to monitor vendor’s performance in these areas.
• Monitor industry events and determine impending impact on fulfilling customer needs (e.g., strikes, part shortages, recalls, class action settlements, etc).
• Create initiatives with vendor partners that support and improve our customer value proposition.
• Identify rebate opportunities with vendors to drive revenue enhancement.
• Identify and manage risk within the supply chain.
• Work with strategic supply partners to drive process improvements across the supply chain.
• Identify, lead, and implement system integration strategies with key supply partners.
• Demonstrate a thorough comprehension of related systems and processes used by operational areas impacted by supply chain performance.
• Identify opportunities to improve internal systems and processes.
• Work daily with Order Management and Production Department to develop, publish and execute production schedule in order to meet customer delivery dates.
• Accountable for managing the Site's overall production planning practices taking into consideration short term/long term production requirements and integrating materials availability. Manages procedures for special order request, engineering changes and part substitutions, and repair.
• Owns, manages, and updates the Supply Plan that drives MRP for Procurement (buy) & Plant (make) execution to meet Sales Order booking.
• Supports Production, Procurement, and Inventory teams in driving supplier on-time delivery & build plan adherence.
• Influences the item A/B/C stratification and aligns service level targets for each.
• Supports the optimization of Inventory strategy at FG level, aligned with above parameters, to achieve a 98% blended service level.
• Minimizes excess & obsolete inventory through rigorous stock re-balancing.
• Interacts with all levels of management; including sales, demand management, operational, engineering, quality control, and finance.
• Will coordinate best practices with other Site Supply Chain Managers.
• Strategically oriented yet tactically focused. Able to conceive strategies and lead a team towards a long-term vision while creating and implementing tactical initiatives.
• Analytical: the ability to review the process and analyze it for possible improvements.
• Collaborate/Work with various stakeholders, with the ability to challenge, probe, and question in difficult areas without alienating.
• High level of information gathering analysis and translation of data.
• Effective decision and problem solving.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Multi-tasking. Work in environment with constantly changing demands needing to re-prioritize goals.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 5-7 or more years of experience in a related field preferred
• Experience in oil & gas industry or industrial environment preferred
• APICS, ASCP certification desired
• Proficiency PC/Window – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
A challenging and stimulating work environment with competitive compensation package, the successful candidate will be eligible to Probe’s full benefit package offered including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401K plan, holidays and PTO. We value our employees and have created a flexible and friendly work environment for individuals to excel by contributing to the success of the company.
Work Location: Fort Worth, Texas.