Dahua Technology USA Inc. is a subsidiary of Dahua Technology, which estimated to be the second largest supplier of video surveillance equipment in the world according to the Omdia 2020 Video Surveillance Analytics Market Share Database. Dahua Technology USA brings high-value, total security solutions to the North American market by focusing on integrity and personal relationships to enhance the customer experience. Dahua Technology’s surveillance solutions, from award-winning cameras to video management software, deliver unparalleled quality, reliability, and stability, providing sales and support throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Course development is mostly in eLearning form, but may include hands-on lab development. The curriculum will be primarily for Technical certification, with written and practical test implementation. Courses are offered for both internal employees as well as customers. Frequently the role will have to study and test various products in-depth, to be able to develop the course content with minimal help from a subject matter expert. The Technical courses will focus on Installation, configuration and setup of the product or solution.
This role will implement ways to measuring course effectiveness and driving continuous improvement. Requirements include consultative skills, technical experience, project management skills, experience with developing blended learning solutions and the ability to react to last minute directives.
dditionally, the role will require some travel to deliver course(s) based on customer needs. Estimated 80% development and 20% delivery, although delivery may be via Webinar. Possible travel up to 20% when there are no travelling/meeting restrictions
- Creating engaging learning activities and compelling course content via tested instructional design theories, practice and methods. You will create the OLT content, write scripts, record narration and perform video editing and slide animations.
- Deliver Sales or Technical ILTs in person, as well as via Webinar. Some travel will be required, but only when safe to do so.
- Collaborate with Stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to develop Audience-specific content, identify optimum delivery methods, and build assessments and tests.
- Maintain project documentation and course folders
- Written Communication--Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Ethics--Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Quality--Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Interpersonal Skills--Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Required Education and Experience