Dahua Technology USA Inc. is a subsidiary of Dahua Technology, which estimated to be the second largest supplier of video surveillance equipment in the world according to the Omdia 2020 Video Surveillance Analytics Market Share Database. Dahua Technology USA brings high-value, total security solutions to the North American market by focusing on integrity and personal relationships to enhance the customer experience. Dahua Technology’s surveillance solutions, from award-winning cameras to video management software, deliver unparalleled quality, reliability, and stability, providing sales and support throughout the U.S. and Canada.
The Technical Support Engineer for Dahua will be the subject matter expert for video surveillance. They will have the responsibility to work closely with our dealers and field technicians for problem solving, product training, sales support, and field support. The ideal candidates will be highly experienced in providing excellent customer service and problem escalation/resolution.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide technical support and resolutions on Hardware and Software related issue through phone or email.
- Managing open support cases within the organization and finding a solution or workaround to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Capture and document all aspects of the customer interaction into CRM database.
- Understand and consolidate customer demand for products. Working closely with high support line: R&D team, Expert Service and Delivery team, and Product Team.
- Cooperate with the sales team to analyze the practical needs of customers, and to produce a complete project plan and also seek possible solutions.
- Develop knowledge base content for technical team and customers.
- Perform product inspection, test and troubleshoot returned products.
- Organizational Support--Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Oral Communication--Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication--Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Ethics--Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Quality--Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Interpersonal Skills--Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Required Education and Experience
- Experience in Security/Video Surveillance industry or related industry is required.
- Minimum Education: College Degree
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and ticketing system.
- Knowledge of wired and wireless networking including access points, managed switches, and enterprise-grade routers.
- Must be self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency.
- Detail orientated with a focus on customer service