The mission of Artisan Biotechnologies is to engineer cell therapeutics that significantly improve patient outcomes. To meet this mission, we are building a world-leading cell engineering foundry and partnering strategy that scales to address the complexity required by the largest indications. We will know we have succeeded when we can reliably and rapidly operate our foundry to generate cell products that consistently produce positive outcomes in patients.
At Artisan, we strive to recruit, hire, develop, and promote motivated, committed, and talented individuals. All employees are expected to support our mission as well as our commitment to build a culture driven by collaboration, delivering on promises, experimentation and data, welcoming challenges, and celebrating innovation.
Essential Job Functions:
The successful candidate will play an essential leadership role, coordinating various activities and resources across multiple functional groups within Artisan, and externally, to ensure efficient and timely progression of product candidates through our product development pipeline. They will have extensive experience with, and knowledge of, the various stages of pre-clinical cell therapy development, ideally with direct experience of CAR-immune cells and similar products for oncology application. Solid people and project/program management skills are coupled with excellent communication skills, ability to see the “big picture” and model critical thinking and issue identification/resolution, and a talent for fostering deep engagement of staff from diverse backgrounds and different reporting lines within the organization.
The candidate will be self-motivated and eager to tackle a broad range of responsibilities. This full-time position reporting to the Chief Development Officer and can be based at either of our offices in Louisville, CO, USA or Toronto, Canada, or remote with 25% or more travel. Job title is dependent upon experience and fit to role.
- Coordinate cross-functional activities and resources to ensure efficient and timely progression of product candidates through our product development process
- Navigate external interactions with non-clinical and clinical partners (such as CROs) to ensure clear, appropriate, and timely deliverables
- Communicate project/program plans, status, risks, and mitigations to stakeholders throughout the organization, including C-level
- Understand the “big picture” of cell therapy development and foster engagement of team members to deliver effective treatments with better patient outcomes
- Consider global product/development opportunities and implications of the evolving cell and gene therapy field
Education and Experience:
- PhD or higher in bioengineering, biotechnology, cell biology, stem cells, immunology, or equivalent.
- Five or more years’ experience in cell therapy development, preferably CAR-immune cells for oncology indications.
- High level of scientific integrity and excellent data interpretation abilities, including proficiency with inferential statistics in an experimental setting
- Excellent project/program management skill
- Strong ability to identify and resolve issues in an inclusive manner
- Proven ability to conceive, plan, and enable execution of complex projects and programs
- Excellent organizational skills, effective time, and project management
- Strong written and oral communication skills with ability to clearly convey plans, status, risk, and mitigations to stakeholders throughout the organization
- Strong understanding of QbD concepts and their application through the product lifecycle, particularly in pre-clinical development
- Ideally a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt with solid practical experience in its application
- May act in a formal supervisory capacity
- Will lead through engagement and influence in a cross-functional setting
- Bending, stooping and sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- Personal protective equipment in laboratory is required
- May be required to move equipment or objects up to 50 lbs.
- Potential risk of exposure to biohazardous agents and chemicals