The mission of Artisan Biotechnologies is to engineer cell therapeutics that significantly improve patient outcomes. To meet this mission, we are building a world-leading cell engineering foundry and partnering strategy that scales to address the complexity required by the largest indications. We will know we have succeeded when we can reliably and rapidly operate our foundry to generate cell products that consistently produce positive outcomes in patients.
At Artisan, we strive to recruit, hire, develop, and promote motivated, committed, and talented individuals. All employees are expected to support our mission as well as our commitment to build a culture driven by collaboration, delivering on promises, experimentation and data, welcoming challenges, and celebrating innovation.
Essential Job Functions:
The Sr. Research Associate will be responsible for developing de novo assays to test various characteristics of Artisan’s cell therapy products. The ideal candidate has 3+ years of R&D experience focused on the characterization and quality control of cell therapy products, ideally centered on T-cells, CAR-T cells, and PSCs. The role will focus on the development, planning, execution, and analysis of focused studies exploring and characterizing novel, engineered cell products. The Sr. Research Associate will participate in the development and validation of new procedures and tests in the laboratory. This position will report to the Director of Analytics.
The role is expected to evolve and grow, providing an exciting and dynamic opportunity that is ideal for someone who is looking to advance their career within a fast-paced environment. As a member of the analytical development group, you will be working cross-functionally with other groups within Artisan providing updates in the form of reviewed experimental plans, presentations, and forums. All Artisan employees are encouraged to foster a mindset of continuous improvement within the organization, ensuring focus on capacity planning and optimized workflows.
Education and Experience:
- MSc in bioengineering, biomedical engineering, biotechnology, cell biology, immunology, biotechnology or related field with 2-3 years of industry R&D experience.
- Experience with data acquisition, analysis, presentation, and documentation.
- Experience with eukaryotic cell culture and comfort with sterile technique.
- Position requires an ongoing commitment to upgrading of job skills. Must be able to work closely with others & possess solid interpersonal & communication skills.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment; effective in a diverse work group; willing to work in a rapidly changing work unit.
- Able to work independently on off-shifts, capable of handling stress of producing accurate results under time constraints; willing to accommodate schedule adjustments, as well as off-shift and weekend assignments as workload dictates.
- The ability to be flexible & adaptable to changing technology.
- Foster a mindset of continuous improvement within the organization, ensuring continued focus on capacity planning and optimized workflow.
- General scientific laboratory skills and knowledge of laboratory safety.
Additional Desired Experience:
- MSc in bioengineering, biomedical engineering, biotechnology, cell biology, immunology, biotechnology or related field with 3+ years of industry R&D experience.
- Hands on experience with ELISAs, image-based functional assays, qPCR, ddPCR, HPLC and mass spectrometry is highly desired.
- Experience designing and performing analyses using multi-color flow cytometry
- Experience with primary immune cell culture including T-cells, iPSCs, and CAR-T cells.
- Usage of DoE approaches for experimental design and strong understanding of statistical analyses (ANOVA, t-test, etc.).
- Familiarity with the qualification and validation of biological assays.
- Training on the concepts and practices of Lean Six Sigma is desired.
- Bending, stooping, lifting of 20 lbs.