The mission of Artisan Biotechnologies is to engineer cell therapeutics that significantly improve patient outcomes. To meet this mission, we are building a world-leading cell engineering foundry and partnering strategy that scales to address the complexity required by the largest indications. We will know we have succeeded when we can reliably and rapidly operate our foundry to generate cell products that consistently produce positive outcomes in patients.
At Artisan, we strive to recruit, hire, develop, and promote motivated, committed, and talented individuals. All employees are expected to support our mission as well as our commitment to build a culture driven by collaboration, delivering on promises, experimentation and data, welcoming challenges, and celebrating innovation.
Essential Job Functions:
The ideal Scientist/Senior Scientist candidate will have extensive hands-on experience with protein structural biology and hands-on experience of experimental testing the novel protein designs. The role will focus on planning, execution, and analyses of experiments to create novel CRISPR nucleases with superior function. The successful applicant will be self-motivated and open to evolving and growing as the company matures. This full-time position within the SynBio Research Group is located in Louisville, CO and provides an exciting and dynamic opportunity for a candidate who is looking to advance their skills and career.
Essential Job Functions:
- Computational prediction and analysis of protein structures of CRISPR nucleases and identification of potential target regions/residues for modification
- Generation of unbiased/biased mutation libraries
- Develop high-throughput screening methods to screen for CRISPR nuclease functionality
- Perform CRISPR-Cas genome engineering techniques, including nucleofection and electroporation of Cas enzymes in mammalian cells
- Prepare experiment proposals and detailed experiment plans
- Analyze experimental data and communicate updates to technical team
- Draft and review SOPs and technical reports
- Demonstrate a high level of scientific integrity
- Train technical team members
Education and Experience:
- Ph.D. or equivalent experience in engineering relevant field (protein structure, biochemical engineering, molecular biology, biochemistry, etc.).
- At least 3-5 years of postdoctoral experience
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in protein chemistry/structural biology and process development in recombinant protein purification.
- Proven ability to plan, execute and interpret experimental data sets in an independent manner
- Experience performing electroporations of mammalian cells
- Experience performing high-throughput experiments is an asset
- Strong analytical thinking skills
- Bending, stooping and sitting.
- Personal protective equipment in laboratory is required.
- May be required to move equipment or objects up to 50 lbs.
- Potential risk of exposure to biohazardous agents and chemicals
Salary: 75,000 - $140,000 depending upon qualifications.