The mission of Artisan Biotechnologies is to engineer cell therapeutics that significantly improve patient outcomes. To meet this mission, we are building a world-leading cell engineering foundry and partnering strategy that scales to address the complexity required by the largest indications. We will know we have succeeded when we can reliably and rapidly operate our foundry to generate cell products that consistently produce positive outcomes in patients.
At Artisan, we strive to recruit, hire, develop, and promote motivated, committed, and talented individuals. All employees are expected to support our mission as well as our commitment to build a culture driven by collaboration, delivering on promises, experimentation and data, welcoming challenges, and celebrating innovation.
Essential Job Functions:
The ideal Scientist/Senior Scientist candidate will have extensive hands-on experience with design, test and analysis of simple and complex synthetic biology circuits in mammalian cells. The purpose is to generate cell therapy products with improved function including increased efficiency and safety. The successful applicant will be self-motivated and open to evolving and growing as the company matures. This full-time position within the SynBio Research Group is located in Louisville, CO and provides an exciting and dynamic opportunity for a candidate who is looking to advance their skills and career.
Essential Job Functions:
- Design of synthetic biological circuit(s) for mammalian cells
- Cloning/generation of genetic elements for the circuit
- Develop high-throughput screening methods to screen for functionality of the circuit(s) in mammalian cells
- Generation of stable cell lines using non-viral methods
- Perform CRISPR-Cas genome engineering techniques, including nucleofection and electroporation of Cas enzymes in mammalian cells
- Prepare experiment proposals and detailed experiment plans
- Analyze experimental data and communicate updates to technical team
- Draft and review SOPs and technical reports ·
- Demonstrate a high level of scientific integrity
- Train technical team members
Education and Experience:
- Ph.D. or equivalent experience in engineering relevant field (genetic, biochemical engineering, molecular biology, biochemistry, etc.).
- At least 3-5 years of postdoctoral experience
- Substantial expertise in building (cloning) libraries of genetic sequences
- Exceptional molecular biology skills in design & construction of modified regulatory sequences
- Have experience with omics data analysis and familiarity with scripting languages (e.g. Python) for working with large data sets
- Substantial expertise in developing and implementing high throughput functional screening of libraries of genetic elements or proteins
- Experience with developing and implementing fluorescence activated cell sorting (FACS) procedures
- Extensive mammalian cell culture experience, including transfection. Experience with primary cells is a plus
- High degree of creativity
- Strong analytical thinking skills
- Bending, stooping and sitting.
- Personal protective equipment in laboratory is required.
- May be required to move equipment or objects up to 50 lbs.
- Potential risk of exposure to biohazardous agents and chemicals
Salary $75,000 - 140,000 depending upon qualifications.