The mission of Artisan Biotechnologies is to engineer cell therapeutics that significantly improve patient outcomes. To meet this mission, we are building a world-leading cell engineering foundry and partnering strategy that scales to address the complexity required by the largest indications. We will know we have succeeded when we can reliably and rapidly operate our foundry to generate cell products that consistently produce positive outcomes in patients.
At Artisan, we strive to recruit, hire, develop, and promote motivated, committed, and talented individuals. All employees are expected to support our mission as well as our commitment to build a culture driven by collaboration, delivering on promises, experimentation and data, welcoming challenges, and celebrating innovation.
Essential Job Functions:
The successful candidate will drive the creation and evaluation of new engineered cell therapy concepts using CRISPR genome engineering techniques. They will have extensive hands-on experience with iPSC/stem cell culture, CRISPR-Cas cell line generation, nucleofection/electroporation of iPSC/stem cells, and iPSC/stem cell characterization. The candidate will be self-motivated, and eager to tackle a broad range of responsibilities. This full-time position within the Cell Therapy Research Group is located in Louisville, CO and provides an exciting and dynamic opportunity for a candidate who is looking to advance their skills and career. Job title is dependent upon experience.
- Technical lead for proof-of-concept creation and evaluation of novel engineered cell therapies
- Establish robust CRISPR-Cas based genome engineering iPSC and stem cell methods and procedures
- Conceive, design, execute and analyze experimental results
- Present project data to technical team, leadership and/or external partners
- Effective timeline and resource management to reach milestones
- Facilitate effective cross-functional collaborations
- Draft and review SOPs and technical reports
- Demonstrate a high level of scientific integrity
Education and Experience:
- PhD in bioengineering, biotechnology, cell biology, stem cells, immunology, or equivalent R&D experience.
- Three or more years industry experience is desired
- Extensive hands-on experience culturing, banking, and characterizing iPSC and/or stem cells
- Extensive hands-on experience using CRISPR-Cas gene editing methodologies
- Experience in developing cell therapy processes is highly desired, including high-throughput screening, adapting R&D processes to bioreactors, scale-up, and/or cryopreservation
- Demonstrated experience employing analytical tools for cell characterization including flow cytometry, qPCR, ddPCR, and/or functional cell-based assays
- Excellent analytical thinking skills, including problem identification, and solution identification
- Proven ability to conceive, plan, execute and interpret complex experiments across projects and programs in an independent manner
- Ability to accurately document laboratory procedures and experimental plans with keen attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills, effective time, and project management
- Strong written and oral communication skills with capacity to clearly convey project plans to collaborators and audiences with diverse backgrounds
· Position may act in a supervisory capacity.
- Personal protective equipment in laboratory is required
- May be required to move equipment or objects up to 50 lbs.
- Potential risk of exposure to biohazardous agents and chemicals
· Band 5-6 depending upon industry experience & qualifications