The mission of Artisan Biotechnologies is to engineer cell therapeutics that significantly improve patient outcomes. To meet this mission, we are building a world-leading cell engineering foundry and partnering strategy that scales to address the complexity required by the largest indications. We will know we have succeeded when we can reliably and rapidly operate our foundry to generate cell products that consistently produce positive outcomes in patients.
At Artisan, we strive to recruit, hire, develop, and promote motivated, committed, and talented individuals. All employees are expected to support our mission as well as our commitment to build a culture driven by collaboration, delivering on promises, experimentation and data, welcoming challenges, and celebrating innovation.
Essential Job Functions:
Artisan is building a revolutionary platform for editing mammalian cells for therapeutic applications. We are seeking talented candidates to work on cutting-edge interdisciplinary projects in the area of immune cell engineering. This person will join Artisan Development Labs in Louisville, Colorado and will work within the Genotypic Assay group to support the research and development goals of the company.
The candidates will use experience in next generation sequencing technologies and targeted nucleic acid detection technologies to help develop and improve genotyping assays for the successful translation of immune cell engineering technology into the clinic. The position requires flexibility, creativity, and the ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team. Candidates should have a capacity for creativity and innovation, as well as an ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) to achieve company goals.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Follow established SOPs to perform genotyping and NGS experiments
- Perform NGS library preparation, quality control, load and maintain sequencing instrumentation and support sequencing workflows across the company
- Contribute to technical reports, presentations, and SOP improvements
- Collaborate with teams across the company to identify and establish new methods and workflows
- Work with data science team to analyze complex genomic datasets to draw meaningful conclusions
- Deliver results in clear and concise manner with cross-functional colleagues through oral updates, written reports and technical meetings.
- Troubleshoot, propose next steps or suggest alternate strategies within complex systems and assays.
Education and Experience:
- BS/MS in a relevant discipline such as Cell or Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or Chemical Engineering with at least 3-5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience in sequencing and molecular biology, with hands-on skills with DNA/RNA extraction, library construction, liquid handling automation, and quality control is required
- Attention to detail, ability to work in a team-oriented, multidisciplinary environment and able to work to timelines is a must
- Excellent independent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Deep understanding of how to manage and document sensitive and confidential situations and materials and Intellectual Property.
- Deep understanding of documentation, safety and other laboratory operations issues.
- Up to 10% international and domestic travel required. Must be able to travel on EU or Visa waiver.
- Bending, stooping, sitting for periods of time
- Lifting of 20lbs.
- Band 4-5 depending upon qualifications