The mission of Artisan Biotechnologies is to engineer cell therapeutics that significantly improve patient outcomes. To meet this mission, we are building a world-leading cell engineering foundry and partnering strategy that scales to address the complexity required by the largest indications. We will know we have succeeded when we can reliably and rapidly operate our foundry to generate cell products that consistently produce positive outcomes in patients.
At Artisan, we strive to recruit, hire, develop, and promote motivated, committed, and talented individuals. All employees are expected to support our mission as well as our commitment to build a culture driven by collaboration, delivering on promises, experimentation and data, welcoming challenges, and celebrating innovation.
Essential Job Functions:
Artisan is building a revolutionary platform for editing mammalian cells for therapeutic applications. We are seeking talented candidates to work on cutting-edge interdisciplinary projects in the area of immune cell engineering. This person will join Artisan Development Labs in Louisville, Colorado and will act in coordination with the genome engineering group on development and deployment of mammalian genotyping assays.
As a Senior Scientist in the Genomic Analytics group, you will work to develop and improve genotyping assays focused on identification and characterization of off-target genome editing events using Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) and other targeted nucleic acid detection technologies. The position requires flexibility, creativity, and the ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team. Candidates should have a capacity for creativity and innovation, as well as an ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) to achieve company goals.
· Supervises junior scientists and research associates. Supervision tasks includes monitoring day-to-day operations of direct reports, helping them to design and run experiments, perform analyses, interpret results and plan future experiments.
· Design and conduct experiments aimed at development and qualification of genotyping and NGS assays to support immune cell engineering with a primary focus on characterization of off-target editing events
· Participate in meetings as a subject matter expert with key stakeholders including regulators, collaborators and directors of other groups
· Write technical reports and SOPs as well as presentation of technical data
· Train and disseminate techniques and procedures to other team members and partners
· Work with bioinformatics team to generate and analyze complex genomic datasets to draw meaningful conclusions
· Work with a cross functional team for the development of novel assays and techniques, and support the submission of patents and other intellectual property
· Deliver plans and results in clear and concise manner with cross-functional colleagues through oral updates, written reports and technical meetings.
· Troubleshoot, propose next steps or suggest alternate strategies within complex systems and assays.
Education and Experience:
· Requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience and a MS or PhD degree in a relevant scientific discipline with at least 2 years of post-PhD experience
· Specific experience in the field of next generation sequencing (NGS) and CRISPR technology
· Expertise in sequencing and molecular biology, with hands-on skills on DNA/RNA extraction, library construction, automation, and quality control is required
· Experience working with cross-disciplinary teams for SOP development, establishing controls for experimental quality (repeatability, reliability)
· Demonstrated success in leading and/or mentoring others
· Ability to review and implement methodologies described in scientific literature
· Experience interfacing with bioinformatics scientists to quality control and interpret sequencing data
· Attention to detail, ability to work in a team-oriented, multidisciplinary environment and able to work to timelines is a must
· Excellent independent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
· Position may have up to 2 direct reports
· Bending, stooping, sitting for periods of time
· Lifting of 20lbs.