The mission of Artisan Biotechnologies is to engineer cell therapeutics that significantly improve patient outcomes. To meet this mission, we are building a world-leading cell engineering foundry and partnering strategy that scales to address the complexity required by the largest indications. We will know we have succeeded when we can reliably and rapidly operate our foundry to generate cell products that consistently produce positive outcomes in patients.
At Artisan, we strive to recruit, hire, develop, and promote motivated, committed, and talented individuals. All employees are expected to support our mission as well as our commitment to build a culture driven by collaboration, delivering on promises, experimentation and data, welcoming challenges, and celebrating innovation.
Essential Job Functions:
The Associate Director, Project Operations is responsible for coordinating complex, cross functional internal and external programs for engineering cell therapies. This role will require leading cross functional teams (research, development, CMC, etc.) and establishing accountability for detailed schedules, project estimates, risk identification and mitigation, spending, resource plans, and status reports ensuring that goals are met in accordance with timelines, budgets, and other established metrics. The role will also be responsible for coordination and communication with external partners including customers and suppliers, acting as the liaison for overseeing and handle coordination of daily lab activities and operations.
· Establish and lead delivery on company and team goals for technology.
· Advanced team skills with the ability to identify and communicate issues proactively to a wide range of stakeholders and across functions.
· Creates, coordinates and maintains complex integrated project plans.
· Challenges assumptions and proposes options to close gaps and get projects back on schedule.
· Guides and manages preparation for project milestone reviews.
· Manages meetings to include setting agendas, organizing meeting time and meeting minutes.
· Advanced execution of project management processes and may lead improvement initiatives.
· Ensures supports lab standards and best practices to maximize safety and operational effectiveness.
· Handles coordination of supply chains and assess suppliers routinely for compliance and excellence in delivery criteria.
· Coordinates and handles preventative maintenance (PM) and calibration both internally and externally with approved vendors and members of the team.
· Project risk management.
· Critical path analysis.
· Resource assignment/assessment.
· Scenario creation and analysis.
· Building and tracking budgets across projects
Education and Experience:
· BS/BA in science, engineering or business administration required.
· Master’s degree or PhD preferred.
· Project management specific training and/or certification preferred.
· 5-10 years of project management, product development and/or relevant experience.
· Problem solving skills and ability to coordinate project related activities.
· Advanced written and oral communication skills.
· Strong negotiation, stake holder management and facilitation skills.
· Advanced knowledge of MS Project and/or Project & Portfolio Management.
· Excellent independent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
· Pharmaceutical industry and/or relevant diagnostic area knowledge required, experienced with biologics or cell and gene therapy is a plus.
· Demonstrated ability to manage and track complex projects with ambitious milestones under high pressure.
· Ability to escalate and drive management decisions in relation to project execution and resource needs.
· Bending, stooping, and sitting for long periods of time.
· Lifting of 20lbs.
· Level 7