The mission of Artisan Biotechnologies is to engineer cell therapeutics that significantly improve patient outcomes. To meet this mission, we are building a world-leading cell engineering foundry and partnering strategy that scales to address the complexity required by the largest indications. We will know we have succeeded when we can reliably and rapidly operate our foundry to generate cell products that consistently produce positive outcomes in patients.
At Artisan, we strive to recruit, hire, develop, and promote motivated, committed, and talented individuals. All employees are expected to support our mission as well as our commitment to build a culture driven by collaboration, delivering on promises, experimentation and data, welcoming challenges, and celebrating innovation.
Essential Job Functions:
We are seeking a talented Bioinformatics expert with strong programming skills to tackle challenging bioinformatics and computational biology problems. Strong writing and presentation skills are also a necessity for communication and documentation of analyses. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with research groups, analyzing data with existing pipelines and building new pipelines, when required. Come join a dedicated team that is developing transformative, engineered cell therapies using the latest gene editing approaches.
- Develop tools for data analysis in close interaction with biologists and with a strong focus on researchers’ needs
- Balance evaluation, integration, and extension of existing bioinformatics and next generation sequencing (NGS) tools with the creation of new tools and algorithms as needed for diverse projects
- Run analysis pipelines on data generated from CRISPR editing assays and work closely with research teams to deliver insights and recommendations to decision makers
- Perform and document analyses in support of regulatory filings for new CRISPR cell therapies
- Creatively troubleshoot issues, implement test cases, and fix bugs
- Give accurate time estimates based on verbal and written specifications
- Convert research prototype scripts into robust scientific software optimized for performance, scalability, and adherence to coding best practices
- A high degree of energy, accuracy and attention to detail, and a passion for creating therapeutics for improving patient outcomes
- Genomics expertise; Familiarity with molecular biology techniques, including gene editing and CRISPR
- Experience with state-of-the-art NGS technologies and associated databases
- Experience with common bioinformatics tools (e.g., BWA, BEDtools, GATK)
· Ability to develop custom tools in common bioinformatic programming languages (Python & R)
· Understanding of computer science fundamentals (data structures, efficient readable code) and experience with software development best practices (writing unit tests, version control, etc.)
· Proficiency with large-scale genomic data in a Linux and/or cloud environment
- Outstanding communication skills, including research report writing, code documentation, and oral presentation, with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and successfully in a matrix environment, prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, integrate cross-functional issues and balance competing priorities effectively
Education & Experience:
- M.S or Ph.D. in quantitative or basic science (computer science, computational biology, bioinformatics, chemistry, physics, or mathematics preferred)
- Minimum 5+ years professional experience with NGS focus
- Strong written and oral communication skills; must be able to deliver reports and communicate effectively with management, partners and technical audiences.
- Deep understanding of how to manage and document sensitive and confidential situations and materials including Intellectual Property.
- Sitting for long periods of time.
- Level 6 or 7 depending upon qualifications