The mission of Artisan Biotechnologies is to engineer cell therapeutics that significantly improve patient outcomes. To meet this mission, we are building a world-leading cell engineering foundry and partnering strategy that scales to address the complexity required by the largest indications. We will know we have succeeded when we can reliably and rapidly operate our foundry to generate cell products that consistently produce positive outcomes in patients.
At Artisan, we strive to recruit, hire, develop, and promote motivated, committed, and talented individuals. All employees are expected to support our mission as well as our commitment to build a culture driven by collaboration, delivering on promises, experimentation and data, welcoming challenges, and celebrating innovation.
Essential Job Functions:
We are seeking a talented Software Engineering expert with strong programming skills to develop software solutions for research and development of engineered cell therapies. Strong writing and presentation skills are a necessity for communication and documentation of workflows in an integrated cross-functional issues and balance competing priorities effectively. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with research groups and serve as a key contributor to the success of the research and development platform. The individual will also have the ability to work independently and successfully in a matrix environment, which includes prioritizing and managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Develop and customize a laboratory information management system (LIMS) to support research and development scientists and analytics.
- Interact with scientists and translate their needs into software design and tools.
- Automate and streamline laboratory data collection, integrating laboratory equipment and the LIMS.
- Collaborate with bioinformaticians to create robust, scalable analysis processes.
- Regularly communicate with scientists, bioinformaticians and others to understand issues.
- Assist with development of a data warehouse to facilitate data access and routine analysis
- Generate reports and dashboards, integrating multiple data sources.
- Give accurate time estimates based on verbal and written specifications.
- Convert research prototype scripts into robust scientific software optimized for performance, scalability, and adherence to coding best practices.
- A high degree of energy, accuracy and attention to detail, and a passion for creating therapeutics for improving patient outcomes.
- Knowledge and experience managing scientific data and processes, building automation, and interacting with scientists and researchers.
- Expertise in designing and implementing a LIMS to handle a variety of lab functions and experiments is preferred.
- Experience developing functional and efficient code as part of a team, with cloud computing tools (AWS), and with relational databases.
- Use software development best practices (unit tests, version control, etc.).
- Familiarity with DevOps fundamentals (CI/CD, Terraform, etc) and serverless computing (e.g., Lambda) desired.
- Familiarity with BI tools (e.g., Tableau, Looker, etc) desired.
- Great communication skills, including research report writing, code documentation, and oral presentation, with excellent attention to detail.
Education & Experience:
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or relevant software engineering discipline.
- Minimum 6-9 years professional experience (title commensurate with experience).
- Minimum 3 years of related industry experience, preferably in a GMP regulated setting (Laboratory, Quality, Validation).
- Strong written and oral communication skills; must be able to deliver reports and communicate effectively with management, partners and technical audiences.
- Deep understanding of how to manage and document sensitive and confidential situations and materials including Intellectual Property.
Bending, stooping, sitting for extended periods of time.
L. Level 6