Artisan Biotechnologies :
The mission of Artisan Biotechnologies is to engineer cell therapeutics that significantly improve patient outcomes. To meet this mission, we are building a world-leading cell engineering foundry and partnering strategy that scales to address the complexity required by the largest indications. We will know we have succeeded when we can reliably and rapidly operate our foundry to generate cell products that consistently produce positive outcomes in patients.
At Artisan, we strive to recruit, hire, develop, and promote motivated, committed, and talented individuals. All employees are expected to support our mission as well as our commitment to build a culture driven by collaboration, delivering on promises, experimentation and data, welcoming challenges, and celebrating innovation.
Essential Job Functions:
The successful candidate will drive the cell-based assay development and qualification for the characterization and quality control of cell therapy products and their manufacturing processes. Strong background in immunology and PSC biology is highly desirable. The ideal candidate will be a self-driven individual who enjoys having broad responsibilities and demonstrates leadership skills inside and outside the lab. Prior experience in the field of Cell and Gene Therapies is a plus. Location will be in Colorado.
· Technical lead of the development and qualification of cell-based, functional assays with emphasis on flow cytometry-based assays
· Phenotypic characterization of novel cell products utilizing the most suitable technology/platform
· Continuous evaluation of upcoming analytical technologies
· Project and timelines management with prioritization based on value added
· Experiment proposal preparation, data analysis and presentation to colleagues and external collaborators
· SOP writing and reviewing
· Mentoring and guiding junior technical members of the team
Education and Experience:
· PhD in bioengineering, biomedical engineering, biotechnology, cell biology, immunology, biotechnology and 3+ years of R&D experience or MSc degree in a similar field and 7+ years of R&D experience.
· Expertise in flow cytometry, ELISA, image-based functional assays, qPCR, ddPCR, HPLC and mass spectrometry
· Deep understanding of the principles of assay development and qualification
· Expertise in cell culture techniques especially blood cells and human PSCs and high-throughput screening processes.
· Proven ability to plan multifactorial experiments, execute and analyze data with no guidance
· Expertise in developing high throughput and/or automated analytical approaches
· Experience in the development of cell-based products for therapeutic use
· Excellent analytical thinking skills including problem identification, root cause analysis, and solution identification
· Strong statistical understanding and experience with Design of Experiments (DoE) approaches
· Demonstrated ability to author and review SOPs and reports
· Demonstrated ability to manage and lead a small technical team
· Excellent organizational skills and effective time and project management
· An open and trustworthy nature with a willingness to mentor other team members and pitch-in as needed
· Black Belt in Lean Six Sigma is an asset
· Experience contributing to CMC regulatory modules an asset
· Excellent communication and cross-site collaborator
· To be decided based upon experience and qualifications
· Bending, stooping, lifting of 20 lbs.