Senior Research Associate – Flow Cytometry
The mission of Artisan Biotechnologies is to engineer cell therapeutics that significantly improve patient outcomes. To meet this mission, we are building a world-leading cell engineering foundry and partnering strategy that scales to address the complexity required by the largest indications. We will know we have succeeded when we can reliably and rapidly operate our foundry to generate cell products that consistently produce positive outcomes in patients.
At Artisan, we strive to recruit, hire, develop, and promote motivated, committed, and talented individuals. All employees are expected to support our mission as well as our commitment to build a culture driven by collaboration, delivering on promises, experimentation and data, welcoming challenges, and celebrating innovation.
Essential Job Functions:
The Sr. Research Associate will be performing immunophenotyping with peripheral blood stem cells, tumor cells, and iPSC. Responsibilities include the operation, calibration and maintenance of flow cytometer and related equipment, data acquisition, and documentation of results. The Sr. Research Associate will participate in the development and validation of new procedures and tests in the laboratory.This position will report to the Director of Analytics.
- Operation and maintenance of fluorescence-activated cell analyzer, including: data acquisition for patient and research samples, calibration, preventative maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Operation and maintenance of cytometer-related computer hardware and software.
- Preparation and immunophenotyping of human cellular products for use in research protocols according to lab procedures.
- Preparation and maintenance of cytometry-related reagents.
- Data analysis, documentation and maintenance of test results according to lab procedures.
- Perform tests using SOP involving multiple methodologies. These may include automated, semi-automated or manual technologies.
- Accurately produce and document flow cytometry data.
- Achieve expected results within established turnaround times for cell sorting products that support research care goals.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance of equipment and instrumentation. Identify the need for repair or referral as required. Calibrate equipment as scheduled.
- Evaluates/troubleshoots problems related to product analysis and preparation. Communicates outcomes to appropriate supervisor.
- Other general administrative duties as required.
- Assume responsibility to assist others in the lab on a regular basis.
- Ensures clear lines of communication and expectations throughout the organization.
- Fosters a continuous improvement mindset within the organization, ensuring continued focus on capacity planning and optimized workflow.
Education and Experience:
- BS/BA in a Biological Science or related field plus three years industry experience, or Masters in a Biological Science or related field plus 1 year industry experience.
- Minimum 2-year experience in a research flow cytometry laboratory setting.
- Experience operating flow cytometers and/or Fluorescence-Activated Cell Sorters preferred.
- Experience with data acquisition, data analysis, data presentation and documentation preferred.
- Position requires an ongoing commitment to upgrading of job skills. Must be able to work closely with others & possess solid interpersonal & communication skills.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment; effective in a diverse work group; willing to work in a rapidly changing work unit.
- Able to work independently on off-shifts, capable of handling stress of producing accurate results under time constraints; willing to accommodate schedule adjustments, as well as off-shift and weekend assignments as workload dictates.
- The ability to be flexible & adaptable to changing technology.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Biological Research experience, culture lab experience preferred but not required.
- General lab skills and knowledge of lab safety.
Bending, stooping, lifting of 20 lbs.
$75,000 - $87,500 annualized based upon experience and qualification