Senior Research Associate – Flow Cytometry
The mission of Artisan Biotechnologies is to engineer cell therapeutics that significantly improve patient outcomes. To meet this mission, we are building a world-leading cell engineering foundry and partnering strategy that scales to address the complexity required by the largest indications. We will know we have succeeded when we can reliably and rapidly operate our foundry to generate cell products that consistently produce positive outcomes in patients.
At Artisan, we strive to recruit, hire, develop, and promote motivated, committed, and talented individuals. All employees are expected to support our mission as well as our commitment to build a culture driven by collaboration, delivering on promises, experimentation and data, welcoming challenges, and celebrating innovation.
Essential Job Functions:
The ideal candidate has 3+ years of R&D experience with a focus on assay development for the characterization and quality control of cell culturing, ideally of T-cells and PSCs. The role will focus on planning, execution, and analyses of assay development focused studies, exploring and characterizing novel, engineered cell products. The role is expected to evolve and grow, providing thus an exciting and dynamic opportunity; ideal for someone who is looking to advance their career, within a fast-paced environment.
- Development and qualification of cell-based, functional assays using technologies such as flow cytometry, ELISA, imaging, HPLC etc.
- Operation and maintenance of flow cytometers.
- Cell preparation for flow cytometry-based characterization
- Cell culturing of human PSCs, T-cells and other blood cells
- Experiment proposal preparation.
- Scientific data analysis and presentation to colleagues.
- SOP writing and reviewing.
- Excellent organizational skills and effective time management.
- Attention to detail and scientific integrity.
- Fosters a continuous improvement mindset within the organization, ensuring continued focus on capacity planning and optimized workflow.
- Position required an ongoing commitment to upgrading of job skills. Must be able to work closely with others & possess solid interpersonal & communication skills.
- Other general administrative duties as required.
Education and Experience:
• MSc in bioengineering, biomedical engineering, biotechnology, cell biology, immunology, biotechnology or related field and 3+ years industry R&D experience.
• Hands on expertise with cell preparation for flow cytometry-based characterization (fixation and staining).Hands on expertise with operating flow cytometers is required (2 years min)• Hands on experience with ELISAs, image-based functional assays, qPCR, ddPCR, HPLC and mass spectrometry is highly desired.
• Hands on experience in cell culturing including but not limited to human PSCs and blood cells (primarily T-cells) and characterization thereof.
• Demonstrated ability to author and review SOPs and reports
• Strong understanding of hypothesis-testing statistical analyses (t-test, ANOVAs).
• Experience with Design of Experiments approaches is an asset.
• Lean Six Sigma training is also an asset
• Excellent analytical thinking skills including problem identification, root cause analysis, and solution identification. Experience with data acquisition, data analysis, data presentation and documentation preferred. Capable of working in a fast-paced environment; effective in a diverse work group; willing to work in a rapidly changing work unit. General lab skills and knowledge of lab safety.
Bending, stooping, lifting of 20 lbs.