Artisan is building a revolutionary platform for editing mammalian cells for therapeutic applications. We are seeking talented candidates to work on cutting-edge interdisciplinary projects involving immune cell engineering and phenotypic characterization. This Scientist will join the US (Louisville, Colorado) Artisan Development Labs team and will participate on commercial-facing therapeutic projects.
Responsibilities and tasks:
We are looking for a candidate with demonstrated expertise working with human primary T-cells. Specifically, the candidate should have practical, hands-on expertise in the isolation of primary T-cells, culture and maintenance of primary T-cells, nucleofection of primary T-cells, screening and analysis of primary T-cells by flow cytometry, immunocytochemistry and transcriptome analysis. The candidate will work together in a cross-functional team with opportunities to help design, screen and characterize novel engineered cells with a focus on developing therapeutic applications.
Specific tasks will include:
- Isolation and culture of primary T-cells
- Lead the design and implementation of functional assays for primary T-cells, including flow cytometry and NGS technology.
- Set up a screening platform (including selection design) for primary T cells
- T-cell population modelling/Single Cell Immune Profiling
- Immunocytochemistry based characterization of primary T-cells
- Document experimental design and results in electronic lab notebooks
- Analyze and organize data to draw meaningful conclusions.
- Develop and support the submission of patents and other intellectual property
- Publish and present at professional meetings as appropriate.
- Excellence in independent problem solving
- Have deep laboratory experience within T-cell biology and their application to cancer therapy
- Have stem cell biology experience is a plus
- Have -RNA sequencing experience is a plus
- Enjoy sharing knowledge and experience with others
- Ability to lead multiple projects and support collaborations
- PhD degree or similar in cell biology, stem cell biology, immunology, biotechnology or equivalent with relevant experience as described above
- Experience with high-throughput methods and automation are desired, but not required
Required Educational Background and Work Experience:
- Preferred PhD in life sciences, immunology preferred, and 3-5 years of industry experience
- Experience with isolating, culturing, maintaining, screening and freezing primary T-cells. Attention to detail and the ability to work individually, within a multi-disciplinary team in a matrix environment, as well as with external partners and vendors