Artisan is building a revolutionary platform for editing mammalian cells for therapeutic applications. We are seeking talented candidates to work on cutting-edge interdisciplinary projects in the area of immune cell engineering. This person will join Artisan Development Labs in Louisville, Colorado, and will work within the Cell Development group to support the company's research and development goals.
Responsibilities and tasks
Candidates will use their experience in genome engineering and cell line development to help translate immune cell engineering technology into the clinic. The position requires flexibility, creativity, and the ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team. Candidates should have a capacity for creativity, innovation, and an ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) to achieve company goals.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Culture of adherent cells, suspension cells, iPSC, and/or isolation primary immune cell types
- Electroporation of various adherent and suspension cell lines
- Design and test CRISPR-based gene editing workflows
- Contribute to technical reports, presentations, and SOP improvements
- Collaborate with teams across the company to identify and establish new methods and workflows
- Deliver results in a clear and concise manner with cross-functional colleagues through oral updates, written reports, and technical meetings.
- Troubleshoot, propose next steps, or suggest alternate strategies within complex systems and assays.
- BS/MS with at least five years of relevant industry experience or Ph.D. in a discipline such as Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Immunology, or Genetics.
- Direct cancer cell, iPSC, and/or primary immune cell culture experience
- Cell-based assay development experience to characterize human primary immune cells
- A good understanding of gene editing tools and principles
- Experience with molecular biology techniques fundamental to the development of CRISPR genome editing reagents
- Attention to detail, ability to work in a team-oriented, multidisciplinary environment, and able to work to timelines is a must
- Excellent independent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
Artisan offers a competitive base salary, benefits package, and stock options to all team members. Come join Artisan!
Send inquiries and applications to firstname.lastname@example.org