Research Associate, Genomics and NGS:
Artisan is building a revolutionary platform for editing mammalian cells for therapeutic applications. We are seeking talented candidates to work on cutting-edge interdisciplinary projects in the area of immune cell engineering. This person will join Artisan Development Labs in Louisville, Colorado and will work within the NGS assay group to support the research and development goals of the company.
Responsibilities and tasks:
The candidates will use experience in next generation sequencing technologies and targeted nucleic acid detection technologies to help develop and improve genotyping assays for the successful translation of immune cell engineering technology into the clinic. The position requires flexibility, creativity, and the ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team. Candidates should have a capacity for creativity and innovation, as well as an ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) to achieve company goals.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Follow established SOPs to perform genotyping and NGS experiments
- Perform NGS library preparation, quality control, load and maintain sequencing instrumentation and support sequencing workflows across the company
- Contribute to technical reports, presentations, and SOP improvements
- Collaborate with teams across the company to identify and establish new methods and workflows
- Work with bioinformatics team to generate and analyze complex genomic datasets to draw meaningful conclusions
- Deliver results in clear and concise manner with cross-functional colleagues through oral updates, written reports and technical meetings.
- Troubleshoot, propose next steps or suggest alternate strategies within complex systems and assays.
- BS/MS in a relevant discipline such as Cell or Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or Chemical Engineering with at least 2-4+ years of relevant experience in industry
- Experience in sequencing and molecular biology, with hands-on skills on DNA/RNA extraction, library construction, automation, and quality control is required
- Attention to detail, ability to work in a team-oriented, multidisciplinary environment and able to work to timelines is a must
- Excellent independent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
Artisan offers a competitive base salary, benefits package and stock options to all team members. Come join Artisan, currently housed in the Fitzsimmons Innovation center and soon to be located in Louisville, CO.
Send inquiries and applications to firstname.lastname@example.org