Scientist, Stem Cells and Cell Engineering
Artisan is building a revolutionary platform for editing mammalian cells for therapeutic applications. We are seeking talented candidates to work on cutting-edge interdisciplinary projects involving immune cell engineering and phenotypic characterization. This Scientist will join the US Artisan Development Labs team in Denver, Colorado and will participate on commercial-facing therapeutic projects.
Responsibilities and tasks:
We are looking for a candidate with demonstrated expertise working with human pluripotent stems cells (iPSC and/or ES). The candidate should have practical, hands-on expertise in the generation of iPSC, culture and maintenance of pluripotent stem cells, nucleofection of pluripotent stem cells, analysis of pluripotent stem cells by flow cytometry, immunocytochemistry, and differentiation of iPSC into immune cell types. The major responsibilities in the lab will be the functional characterization of novel, genetically engineered stem cells. The candidate will work together in a cross-functional team with opportunities to help design novel engineered cells with a focus on developing therapeutic applications.
Specific tasks will include:
- Generation, isolation and culture of stem cells
- Lead the design and implementation of functional assays for pluripotent stem cells, including flow cytometry
- Differentiation of iPSC into T cells or other immune cell types
- Immunocytochemistry based characterization of pluripotent stem cells
- Document experimental design and results in electronic lab notebooks
- Analyze and organize data to draw meaningful conclusions
- Develop and support the submission of patents and other intellectual propert
- Publish and present at professional meetings as appropriate.
- Excellence in independent problem solving
- Have deep laboratory experience within stem cell biology and their application to cancer therapy
- Enjoy sharing knowledge and experience with others
- Ability to lead multiple projects and support collaborations
- PhD degree or similar in cell biology, stem cell biology, immunology, biotechnology or equivalent with relevant experience as described above
- Experience with high-throughput methods and automation are desired, but not required
Required Educational Background and Work Experience:
- Preferred PhD in life sciences, immunology preferred, and 1-5 years of industry experience
- Experience with generating, isolating, culturing, maintaining, and freezing pluripotent stem cells. Attention to detail and the ability to work individually, within a multi-disciplinary team in a matrix environment, as well as with external partners and vendors
Artisan offers a competitive base salary, benefits package and stock options to all team members. Come join Artisan, currently housed in the Fitzsimmons Innovation Center and soon to be located in Louisville, CO.