Artisan is building a revolutionary platform for editing mammalian cells for therapeutic applications. We are seeking talented candidates to work on cutting-edge interdisciplinary projects involving immune cell engineering and phenotypic characterization. This Scientist will join the US Artisan Development Labs team in Denver, Colorado and will participate on commercial-facing therapeutic projects.
Responsibilities and tasks:
We are looking for a candidate with demonstrated expertise working with T cells, NK cells, and/or immune oncology. The candidate should have practical, hands-on expertise in the isolation and culture of primary immune cells, analysis of cell subtypes by flow cytometry, and functional analysis of immune cells via cytokine release, cell killing, and other assays. The major responsibilities in the lab will be the functional characterization of novel, genetically engineered primary immune cells. The candidate will work together in a cross-functional team with opportunities to help design novel engineered cells with a focus on developing therapeutic applications.
Specific tasks will include:
- Isolation and culture of primary human immune cells
- Lead the design and implementation of functional assays for immune cells, including flow cytometry and FACS
- Document experimental design and results in electronic lab notebooks
- Analyze and organize data to draw meaningful conclusions
- Develop and support the submission of patents and other intellectual property
- Publish and present at professional meetings as appropriate.
- Excellence in independent problem solving
- Have deep laboratory experience within immunology, specifically with T cells, NK cells, and their application to cancer therapy
- Enjoy sharing knowledge and experience with others
- Ability to lead multiple projects and support collaborations
- PhD degree or similar in immunology, biotechnology or equivalent with relevant experience as described above
- Experience with omics data analysis and familiarity with scripting languages (e.g. Python) is desired, but not required
- Experience with high-throughput methods and automation are desired, but not required
Required Educational Background and Work Experience:
- Preferred PhD in life sciences, immunology preferred, and 3-5 years of industry experience
- Experience with isolating, culturing, and freezing cells using automated equipment and closed processes. Understanding of FDA, EMA and ICH regulations, industry standards and quality control principles for GMP operations. Attention to detail and the ability to work individually, within a multi-disciplinary team in a matrix environment, as well as with external partners and vendors
Artisan offers a competitive base salary, benefits package and stock options to all team members. Come join Artisan, currently housed in the Fitzsimmons Innovation Center.