Artisan is building a revolutionary platform for human cell engineering for therapeutic applications. The role is an exciting opportunity to become a critical component of the legal and business operations in the biotech industry. We are looking for a strategic professional with a deep understanding of the operations of bio-pharma including development of a complex intellectual property portfolio and the concepts customarily addressed in contracts for the life sciences industry. This person will provide strategic vision addressing Artisan’s current and future intellectual property and work in partnership with other senior leaders to develop and implement overall strategic directives. The position is expected to eventually be full time and located at our Colorado site, however, initially the position can be a minimum of 50% of full-time and located anywhere in North America.
- This position requires an accomplished corporate lawyer with an accessible and enthusiastic personal style as well as a strong business and strategic orientation.
- Candidates will have a minimum of 7 years of relevant general corporate, intellectual property, and other senior level in-house legal experience, including managing high volume intellectual property workflow, and experience with both large and small molecules. Experience in cell therapies and/or gene editing is a plus.
- Experience in a similar role in a comparable company or perhaps as a senior attorney in a larger company, provided that the larger company has provided broad-based experience, including involvement in commercial issues and activities surrounding drug development.
- Candidates must be experienced in strategic intellectual property counseling, licensing, litigation management, and other complex business transactions, and in prioritizing multiple tasks under pressure.
- Must have the ability to build relationships that foster a cohesive, committed team environment and to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- It is imperative that the individual have excellent interpersonal skills, be articulate, direct and forthright, and be a collaborative and decisive team member and a strategic thinker with a broad perspective.
- Strong ability to adapt to changes and to be agile.
An Law degree and member of a state bar is required, and preferably a PhD in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, or another technical field relevant to the biotech industry