The Artisan team is passionate about customized cell engineering solutions to solve the most challenging problems in human health applications. The Scientist will join Artisan Development Labs in Copenhagen, Denmark and will work on commercial-facing therapeutic projects.
The candidates will focus on developing and implementing next-generation genome engineering and/or synthetic biology technologies for complex engineering of mammalian cell lines. The candidate will be responsible for executing on laboratory projects involving a variety of techniques encompassing, for example: mammalian cell culture, high-efficiency and high-throughput transfection, standard molecular biology techniques such as design and assembly of synthetic DNA constructs, CRISPR gene editing, discovery approaches including large-scale library design and high throughput/multiplex cloning, FACS, next-generation sequencing including library preparation, and basic bioinformatic analysis. Candidates with experience in complex genetic design such as MIMO synthetic circuits, computer aided protein engineering, and/or metabolic/ genomic engineering for cell therapy applications in mammalian systems will be prioritized.
Specific tasks will include:
- Develop innovative research plans
- Design, implement, and execute critical experiments associated with a research plan
- Document experimental design and results in electronic lab notebooks
- Analyze and organize data to draw meaningful conclusions
- Develop and support the submission of patents and other intellectual property
- Publish and present at professional meetings as appropriate.
- Excellence in independent problem solving
- Have deep laboratory experience with synthetic biology and genome editing-engineering technologies in mammalian cells
- Have experience with omics data analysis and familiarity with scripting languages (e.g. Python) for working with large data sets
- Enjoy sharing knowledge and experience with others
- Ability to lead multiple projects and support collaborations
Required Educational Background and Work Experience:
- PhD degree or similar in molecular biology, biochemistry, biotechnology or bioengineering or equivalent as well as academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding a position as Researcher or Postdoc
- 5+ years of hands-on (wet lab) experience with assay development, validation, troubleshooting, and data analysis & reporting
Artisan offers a competitive base salary, benefits package and stock options to all team members. Come join Artisan, currently housed in the Copenhagen Bioscience Cluster, and work side-by-side with world-class scientists and the most cutting-edge start-ups in the EU. Denver site opening soon (early 2020).