The Artisan team is passionate about customized cell engineering solutions to solve the most challenging problems in human health applications. We are seeking talented candidates to work on cutting-edge interdisciplinary projects involving immune cell engineering and phenotypic characterization. This Senior Scientist will join the inaugural US Artisan Development Labs team in Denver, Colorado and will act as a lead on commercial-facing therapeutic projects.
Responsibilities and tasks
The candidates will lead development of cellular analytical assays, including molecular and flow cytometry-based assays. Candidate must be experienced with molecular immunology and be versatile to assist in the development and transfer of qualified assays for autologous or allogeneic gene edited cellular products derived from different lineages of cells (T cells, iPSCs, etc.).
Specific tasks will include:
· Develop innovative research plans
· Design, implement, and execute critical experiments associated with a research plan according to timelines and budget
· Perform multiplexed and high replication experimental strategies for development of cellular assays to support gene-edited cell therapy programs
· Perform data compilation, analysis, and drafting of technical reports and methods to support development of cellular assays for commercial partnerships
· Work with synthetic biologists to generate and analyze data to develop understanding of cellular products and critical quality control measurements
· Assist with the technical transfer of cellular assays and products to commercial partners
· Develop standards and processes for experimental protocols (SOPs) and data
· Experience with blood and cellular methods including designing and running multi-color flow cytometry and cell culture differentiation methods.
· Experience with molecular biology methods including designing and running ddPCR and analysis of next generation sequencing.
· Excellence in independent problem solving
· Strong communication and presentation skills, with demonstrated ability in quality data presentations.
· Enjoy sharing knowledge and experience with others
· Ability to lead multiple projects and support collaborations
Required Educational Background and Work Experience
· Preferred PhD in life sciences, immunology preferred, and 3-5 years of industry experience
· Experience with isolating, culturing, and freezing cells using automated equipment and closed processes.
· Understanding of FDA, EMA and ICH regulations, industry standards and quality control principles for GMP operations.
· Attention to detail and the ability to work individually, within a multi-disciplinary team in a matrix environment, as well as with external partners and vendors
Artisan offers a competitive base salary, benefits package and stock options to all team members. Come join Artisan, currently housed in the Copenhagen Bioscience Cluster, and work side-by-side with world-class scientists and the most cutting-edge start-ups in the EU. Denver site opening soon (early 2020).