The Artisan team is passionate about customized cell engineering solutions to solve the most challenging problems in human health applications.
This person will join Artisan Development Labs in Denver, Colorado and will act as a lead on development and deployment of mammalian genotyping assays.
Responsibilities and tasks:
The candidates will use experience in next generation sequencing technologies (library prep, quality control, sequencing hardware) and targeted nucleic acid detection technologies (qPCR, droplet-based PCR) to help develop techniques and processes for the successful translation of this technology into the clinic. The candidate will work closely with the development team to optimize and scale up new methodology. Experience with developing new assays and novel data analysis algorithms would be a plus. The position requires flexibility, creativity, and the ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a capacity for creativity and innovation to achieve company goals.
· MS/PhD in cell or molecular biology with at least 5-8+ years of relevant experience in industry
· Experience running a team including goal setting, SOP development, and establishing controls for experimental quality (repeatability, reliability)
· Expertise in sequencing and molecular biology, with hands-on skills on DNA/RNA extraction, library construction, automation, quality control, and qPCR is required; hands-on experience with Next Generation Sequencing instrumentation is essential.
· Experience transitioning protocols from R&D to production is required: development, optimization and scale up of protocols including process documentation
· Experience interfacing with bioinformatics scientists to quality control and interpret sequencing data
· Attention to detail, ability to work in a team-oriented, multidisciplinary environment is a must
· Excellent troubleshooting skills
· Excellent presentation skillsArtisan offers a competitive base salary, benefits package and stock options to all team members. Come join Artisan, currently housed in the Copenhagen Bioscience Cluster, and work side-by-side with world-class scientists and the most cutting-edge start-ups in the EU. Denver site opening soon (early 2020).