Distributed Solar Development, LLC (DSD) seeks a Director, Origination to join its growing team. DSD develops, owns, and operates “C&I” solar and solar plus storage projects for the corporate, private, and public sectors.
Focused on consultative selling, you will find, build, and grow customer relationships to maximize DSD’s ability to provide solutions to customer’s energy challenges utilizing on and off-site solar energy and associated technologies, from battery storage to EV charging. You will have the opportunity to lead DSD’s internal project analyst, proposal writing, engineering, development, legal, financing, and construction teams to craft these customer focused solutions and make them a reality.
As a DSD Origination Director, you will:
· Meet and exceed annual goals selling directly to customers within the enterprise, REIT, and MUSH market segments
· Develop go-to-market strategies based on regions, incentive markets, or sectors and sell internally to receive approvals and required investment needed to implement
· Create and carry out quarterly sales campaigns working with inside sales, internal/external marketing teams, and other DSD functions to ensure annual sales KPIs are met
· Perform all required origination activities including sales prospecting, qualifying leads, proposals, presentations, networking, relationship building, partnering, and account management,
· Help generate RFP opportunities and work with DSD’s dedicated RFP team to help structure responses, direct and prepare internal response team for shortlist interviews, and follow up with customers and consultants after response
· Be able to succinctly explain the full economic, strategic, and environmental value provided by DSD and its partners
· Drive customer engagement from initial meetings, conceptual pitches, firm bids, and contract execution while championing the DSD business
· Manage the internal customer project sales cycle, including internal DSD project teams and associated support functions, from award to construction mobilization
· Lead internal project deal teams from customer award to limited notice to proceed. You will be responsible for setting and driving towards project deadlines, ensuring estimated project timelines and budgets are met, and deliver the project at limited notice to proceed at or above estimated value at time of project award.
· Actively manage pipeline via DSD CRM platform
· Maintain knowledge of federal and state clean energy regulations and incentives, solar economic market trends, customer requirements, competitor actions, and customer base
Required Experience and Qualifications:
· Fluent in Microsoft Suite
· Knowledgeable in energy markets, pricing, how electricity costs are incurred by facilities and customers, and impacts of rate switching
· Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in C&I Solar Energy (plus Storage where applicable) Project Sales or Project Development with verifiable success (deal book is preferred)
· Understanding of rooftop, parking canopy, and ground mount solar PV project development, from system design and engineering to utility interconnection to construction and general O&M
· Experience with, and ability to manage, complex financial models
- Ability to manage multiple high priority demands and deadlines simultaneously
- Exceptional project and system management skills.
· Highly skilled at empathizing with and advocating for teammates, customers, external stakeholders, and authorities
- Demonstrable communication, leadership, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be a team player and assist colleagues when needed
· Self-motivated, competitive, and driven with a desire to advance career
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
· Familiarity with Project Pitchbook or similar Investment Committee presentations
· Knowledge of and experience with Salesforce CRM or similar CRM
· Robust analytical skill set, including proficiency in Excel modeling
· Bachelor's Degree from accredited college or university in business, finance, engineering, or related field
· Up to 25% of the time, however requirement may increase based upon business need
Location: Remote. San Francisco, Los Angeles, or San Diego area based preferred
Additional Eligibility Requirement DSD will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.