The Project Manager will execute projects with a focus on schedule, budget, safety, quality and communication. The candidate for this role will be a collaborative team player with exceptional communication skills and can work autonomously and self-directed. This position will report to the Director - Project Management East.
Remote working options are available.
Essential Responsibilities: As the Project Manager, you will manage the execution for the design and build out of commercial solar projects with a focus on the following aspects:
• Lead team through the execution phase of the project by hosting regular team meetings, ensure design, procurement, inspections, site visits and other aspects of project execution is being conducted on time to ensure proper project close out.
• Engage cross-functional teams (e.g., field operations, sourcing, logistics, project finance, engineering, manufacturing, project controls, contract management) to ensure successful project execution
• Create and manage all aspects of the project schedule as it relates to permitting, material purchase and delivery and the construction process.
• Manage to multiple deadlines, included but not limited to internal, customer and third party requirements.
• Manage budget with the purpose of minimizing the undesirable impact of unexpected changes while maximizing opportunities for margin enhancement through material purchases and subcontracting relationships, negotiations and improving construction and delivery process.
• Maximize cash flow by aggressively adhering to the project invoicing schedule and ensures the team accurately documents and submits all receivables, quantity as-builts, change orders and claims.
• Create project cost estimates and negotiate with subcontractors. Negotiate with owner initiated extra work, change of scope items, and contract deletions to maximize profits.
• Execute the project using the DSD Solar Quality Management and Assurance Program
• Establish regular communication with customer, deal team and subcontractor teams to guarantee a smoothly run project, continuously resolve issues, and ensure that all stakeholders are up to speed on project.
• Regularly report to manager on project metrics to forecast of cash flow and revenue recognition.
• Serve as primary site level customer contact during project execution phase.
• Ensure that project is constructed safely and in compliance with site and DSD safety program. Work with DSD safety officer on audit and safety evaluation process.
• Ensure all safety material and documentation is onsite
• Review, negotiate and build project to the specifics within the governing contract and ensure all deliverables are completed and contract nuances are understood and followed.
• Actively develops client relations to generate opportunities for new work.
• Actively participate in marketing and estimating functions to develop, capture plans, teaming strategies, technical approach and bid strategies, necessary, adapting and improving same.
• Manage system commissioning and close out.
• Exceptional Communication Skills
• Project management experience in the solar industry
• Ability to work remotely and independently and be a self-starter
• General Construction experience
• High level of project construction knowledge and subcontractor relationships
• Ability to travel
• Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Construction Management or related field with 5 years of experience or equivalent.
• Demonstrated skills in project planning software (e.g., Microsoft Project, Primavera, etc.)
• Demonstrated computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Project management or other experience in power generation industries
• Experience dealing successfully with customs
• Experience dealing with federal, state and local agencies for various permits and entitlements
• Financial forecasting experience