The Associate – Structured Finance works with the Origination team on day-to-day underwriting on solar and solar + battery energy storage projects to support achieving business level goals.
Distributed Solar Development, LLC (DSD) develops distributed solar and solar plus storage projects with municipalities, Fortune 500 companies, and utilities. The Associate will work with members of the Structured Finance and Origination team on a day-to-day basis.
- Build, develop and maintain financial models and various economic analyses to support solar and solar + battery energy storage projects across design/build development, M&A and other customer acquisition strategies
- Support diligence, structuring, and evaluation of opportunities, including key economic and commercial risks and/or upside to DSD
- Leverage internal resources and personnel to uncover value creation across new prospective opportunities
- Co-present at Pre-Investment Committee and Investment Committee or to senior management on various opportunities
- Support additional diligence for opportunities once in exclusivity
- Strategic and corporate development projects on an ad-hoc basis
- Approximately 2-4 years of experience, although consideration will be given for experience and background
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication and commercial acumen
- Motivated self-starter with excellent work ethic
- Bachelors degree from a top institution and/or experience at a project finance/infrastructure bank, developer, utility, etc.
- Programming experience a plus
- Accounting/tax and transaction structuring experience a plus
Additional Eligibility Requirement DSD will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Notice to Recruiters & Staffing Agencies Distributed Solar Development has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Distributed Solar Development will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Distributed Solar Development, in any capacity will be considered property of Distributed Solar Development. This policy is applicable to all Distributed Solar Development locations and will be the responsibility of third parties and vendors to understand this policy. Distributed Solar Development will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
About Us Distributed Solar Development (DSD) is transforming the way organizations harness clean energy. With unparalleled capabilities including development, structured financing, project acquisition and long-term asset ownership, DSD creates significant value for our commercial, industrial and municipal customers and partners. Backed by world-leading financial partners like BlackRock Real Assets and rooted in our founding at GE with a 120+ year legacy of innovation, our team brings a distinct combination of ingenuity, rigor, and accountability to every project we manage, acquire, own and maintain. To learn more, visit dsdrenewables.com. Connect with us on LinkedIn and Twitter. Distributed Solar Development is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.