Distributed Solar Development, LLC (DSD) seeks a Project Development Manager (PDM) to join its growing team. DSD develops “C&I” solar and solar plus storage projects with municipalities, F500 companies, and utilities. In addition to greenfield development work, DSD is starting an Asset Acquisitions team to take advantage of its domain expertise and access to low cost institutional capital. The PDM will be an integral part of building the asset acquisition business. The ideal professional can work well in a remote environment and will be able to work closely and efficiently in a cross-functional team environment with the goal of evaluating project viability and driving purchased assets to NTP. Prior similar work experience is required including having conducted detailed analysis of asset risks and greenfield project development.
The Development Project Manager will assist the project during the development phase of the project and will be a focal point for Distributed Solar Development projects. The Development Project Manager will execute project development with a focus on non-ministerial permitting and technical site development. This position will report to the Vice-President of Project Development.
Remote working options considered.
As the Development Project Manager, you will manage the development for the design and build out of commercial solar projects with a focus on the following aspects:
· Manage and contract external engineering firms for survey, Geotech, environmental conditions civil design, etc. as needed.
· Hold initial meetings with the AHJ for permitting activities and identify permitting path requirements.
· Manage the civil engineer, permitting expeditor, permitting attorney etc. as applicable for the site plan, zoning board, county approval processes.
· Review and interpret zoning and permitting requirements and bylaws and work with internal and external engineering to design a layout to meet these requirements.
· Submit permit packages, abutters notices and permitting checks with the assistance of the Project Coordinator.
· Present at Planning and Zoning Board meetings.
· Work with and drive legal counsel to Identify easements, complete title searches and any associated activities required to build the project and complete interconnection
· Order title searches, insurance policies, and reviews for all “fund” projects.
· Work with Sales, Engineering and Project Finance and host customer as needed to drive development activities forward.
· Attend customer meetings and site visits as needed.
· Manage surveys, geotech, underground detection, structural analysis, phase 1 esa’s etc as needed for non carport projects.
· Manage the project development budget and request spend as needed.
· Work with the Carport Product Manager to assist in permitting activities for carport projects
· Complete handoff to Construction PM after contract execution.
· Assist in the project design process with internal and external engineering resources to provide construction ready drawings to the Construction PM.
· Lead PM function during development phase until the project is handed over to the Construction PM.
· Exceptional Communication Skills
· Project management or development experience in the solar, construction or real estate industries.
· Ability to work remotely and independently and be a self-starter
· General Construction experience
· High level of project construction knowledge and subcontractor relationships
· Ability to travel
· Ability to present articulately in front of non-ministerial boards
· Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Natural Resources, Planning, or Construction Management or related field with 10 years of experience or equivalent.
· General real-estate development knowledge
· Demonstrated skills in project planning software (e.g., Microsoft Project, Primavera, etc.)
· Demonstrated computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
· Project management or other experience in power generation industries
· Experience dealing with federal, state and local agencies for various permits and entitlements
· Financial forecasting and project scheduling experience
Additional Eligibility Requirement DSD will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Notice to Recruiters & Staffing Agencies Distributed Solar Development has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Distributed Solar Development will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Distributed Solar Development, in any capacity will be considered property of Distributed Solar Development. This policy is applicable to all Distributed Solar Development locations and will be the responsibility of third parties and vendors to understand this policy. Distributed Solar Development will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
About Us Distributed Solar Development (DSD) is transforming the way organizations harness clean energy. With unparalleled capabilities including development, structured financing, project acquisition and long-term asset ownership, DSD creates significant value for our commercial, industrial and municipal customers and partners. Backed by world-leading financial partners like BlackRock Real Assets and rooted in our founding at GE with a 120+ year legacy of innovation, our team brings a distinct combination of ingenuity, rigor, and accountability to every project we manage, acquire, own and maintain. To learn more, visit dsdrenewables.com. Connect with us on LinkedIn and Twitter. Distributed Solar Development is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.