The Vice President of Engineering provides oversight and direction to the engineering teams in the organization and is the leader on all matters of engineering as it relates to the business. As a critical member of the company’s management team, this leader will ensure industry leading system designs for solar and battery storage projects while playing a vital role in shaping the future of the organization.
· Provide leadership to members of the engineering team to support individual performance and professional development goals.
· Foster a positive and supportive workplace environment.
· Oversight, management, and resource planning for the development engineering, project engineering, and commissioning teams housed within the engineering division.
· Work with management to establish engineering priorities and enforce processes, best practices, and strategies for the design and execution of cost and schedule-efficient projects.
· Provide standardization, oversight and negotiation of customer production guarantee process and verification.
· Support and enforce standards for QA/QC and commissioning of projects.
· Provide training and mentoring on the use of engineering design tools and maintain the basis of design standard used across the company.
· Provide leadership to utility interconnection relationships and discussions to optimize cost and scheduling strategies.
· Develop and implement engineering strategies and tools that support customer objectives of low cost and high value solar power generation.
· Maintain relationships with inverter suppliers to ensure DSD is on the leading edge of technology innovation, high quality, and low cost with an eye to scheduling impacts and financing requirements.
· Ensure that company standardization guidelines are being met.
· Demonstrated experience leading a team of engineers engaged in the design and construction of roof-top, ground-mount, and carport solar and battery storage projects as used in the C&I, MUSH, and utility scale solar markets of North America.
· Deep knowledge of solar and power generation interconnection, design, and installation standards across all project types.
· National network of third-party engineering, equipment supplier, and utility relationships.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
· Demonstrated ability to quickly analyze and resolve problems or challenges.
· Familiarity with the National Electric Code and standard building practices as they relate to the solar electric power and battery storage industries.
· Demonstrated ability to lead a team of solar project engineering and design professionals.
· You will have experience recruiting and building diverse engineering teams.
· Worked at great companies in leadership roles and have seen what success looks like.
· Been consistently promoted up the chain of responsibility
· Are comfortable taking risks, as well as making mistakes, and are humble enough to discuss them.
Additional Eligibility Requirement DSD will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Notice to Recruiters & Staffing Agencies Distributed Solar Development has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Distributed Solar Development will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Distributed Solar Development, in any capacity will be considered property of Distributed Solar Development. This policy is applicable to all Distributed Solar Development locations and will be the responsibility of third parties and vendors to understand this policy. Distributed Solar Development will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
About Us Distributed Solar Development (DSD) is transforming the way organizations harness clean energy. With unparalleled capabilities including development, structured financing, project acquisition and long-term asset ownership, DSD creates significant value for our commercial, industrial and municipal customers and partners. Backed by world-leading financial partners like BlackRock Real Assets and rooted in our founding at GE with a 120+ year legacy of innovation, our team brings a distinct combination of ingenuity, rigor, and accountability to every project we manage, acquire, own and maintain. To learn more, visit dsdrenewables.com. Connect with us on LinkedIn and Twitter. Distributed Solar Development is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.