Distributed Solar Development, LLC (DSD) seeks a Commercial Operations Lead to join its growing team. DSD develops “C&I” solar and solar plus storage projects with municipalities, F500 companies, and utilities. This role will work cooperatively with the DSD Solar sales team to achieve sales goals for the business.
Distributed Solar Development, LLC (DSD) is seeking for a Commercial Operations Lead to join our industry leading commercial sales team. We are looking for you to establish efficient operations standards and processes, think creatively on solving operational challenges, and find opportunities for us to grow smartly and efficiently in the long term. In this role, you will interact directly with the Originations leaders to analyze and evaluate the performance of the business by compiling and analyzing sales dashboards and business reports. You will be challenged to establish and implement efficient operations planning process and act as liaison between internal teams to ensure the smooth implantation of such processes.
The Commercial Operations Lead role provides the perfect growth opportunity for your career in the solar industry. By closely monitoring project implementation cycle, developing tools and reports for leadership and investor team, and build out the foundation of standards and processes for DSD, you will directly impact the growth of DSD. In addition, in this highly cross-functional role, you will collaborate with teams across the company and gain exposure to all aspects of the solar industry as well as practicing communication and leadership skills. As DSD expands its business scope into new markets, you will also help shape and execute our go-to market strategies for core and emerging markets.
- Create and manage reports and dashboards, running analysis, and assist with internal processes to improve business performance
- Help develop standard operating metrics and continuously review the metrics to identify optimization opportunities.
- Establish repeatable and scalable sales processes, automation and reporting methodology that can be implemented across teams and markets
- Distill information from the reports and dashboards you run into presentable format and effectively inform the leadership and investors on our performances and areas to improve.
- Coordinate with internal teams to ensure the successful implementation of GTM strategies and market shifting strategies.
- Project tracking: track project milestone and status, serve as cross-functional liaison to obtain critical program details and distribute information to the organization
What makes a great Commercial Operations Lead?
- Self-motivated, fast learner, and excited to work in a collaborative team environment
- Strong desire to execute and identify new ways to push the business forward.
- Exceptional project and system management skills.
- Ability to write, speak, and present effectively and persuasively at all levels.
- Ability to manage multiple high priority demands simultaneously.
- Demonstrated communication, leadership, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with strong academic records
- 1+ professional experience with CRM platform management, especially salesforce.
- 1+ year professional experience in sales or business operations, or direct experience with analyzing business performance data and develop data-driven strategies and goals for core business units
San Francisco Bay area preferred. Remote options considered.
Additional Eligibility Requirement DSD will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Notice to Recruiters & Staffing Agencies Distributed Solar Development has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Distributed Solar Development will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Distributed Solar Development, in any capacity will be considered property of Distributed Solar Development. This policy is applicable to all Distributed Solar Development locations and will be the responsibility of third parties and vendors to understand this policy. Distributed Solar Development will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
About Us Distributed Solar Development (DSD) is transforming the way organizations harness clean energy. With unparalleled capabilities including development, structured financing, project acquisition and long-term asset ownership, DSD creates significant value for our commercial, industrial and municipal customers and partners. Backed by world-leading financial partners like BlackRock Real Assets and rooted in our founding at GE with a 120+ year legacy of innovation, our team brings a distinct combination of ingenuity, rigor, and accountability to every project we manage, acquire, own and maintain. To learn more, visit dsdrenewables.com. Connect with us on LinkedIn and Twitter. Distributed Solar Development is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.