Distributed Solar Development is seeking a highly motivated, creative, results oriented attorney to join its Company as Commercial/EPC Counsel. This individual will be solely dedicated to supporting and advising the business development team on originations and acquisitions. This role will have a broad range of responsibilities to help support and facilitate a rapidly growing business.
- Provide counsel to the business development team under the direction of both the Senior Commercial Counsel and Chief Commercial Officer
- Draft and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements (e.g. Confidentiality Agreements; Power Purchase Agreements; Leases and Easements; Engineering, Procurement and Construction Agreements) and other agreements to support the development team’s activities
- Advise originations team on responses to Requests for Proposals
- Develop and maintain templates to support the development team’s activities
- Ensure that all agreements comply with the Company policies
- Identify and help resolve legal issues and areas of risk
- Review title work, identify and help resolve title issues
- Work on special projects as assigned
- Contribute positively to the Development team’s success
Education and Qualifications:
- JD degree from a highly selective law school and in good standing with a U.S. State Bar
- 5-10 years’ experience with a top law firm
- Commercial contracting experience in the renewable energy field required, with an emphasis on the solar industry preferred
- Extensive real estate experience required; experience with PPAs and construction agreements also required
- Experience with M&A transactions and solar project due diligence preferred
- Prior experience directly representing solar developers in the C&I markets preferred
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills to grasp and resolve complex legal issues
- Proven track record of bringing transactions to favorable close; compliance oriented
- Superb contract drafting skills
- Exceptional judgement and the proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects in a fast -paced dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, collaborative in approach
Remote location options available.
Additional Eligibility Requirement DSD will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Notice to Recruiters & Staffing Agencies Distributed Solar Development has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Distributed Solar Development will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Distributed Solar Development, in any capacity will be considered property of Distributed Solar Development. This policy is applicable to all Distributed Solar Development locations and will be the responsibility of third parties and vendors to understand this policy. Distributed Solar Development will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Distributed Solar Development (DSD) is transforming the way organizations harness clean energy. With unparalleled capabilities including development, structured financing, project acquisition and long-term asset ownership, DSD creates significant value for our commercial, industrial and municipal customers and partners. Backed by world-leading financial partners like BlackRock Real Assets and rooted in our founding at GE with a 120+ year legacy of innovation, our team brings a distinct combination of ingenuity, rigor, and accountability to every project we manage, acquire, own and maintain. To learn more, visit dsdrenewables.com. Connect with us on LinkedIn and Twitter. Distributed Solar Development is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law