Distributed Solar Development, LLC (DSD) seeks a Commercial Analyst to join its growing team. DSD develops “C&I” solar and solar plus storage projects with municipalities, F500 companies, and utilities. This role will work cooperatively with the DSD Solar sales team to achieve sales goals for the business.
Distributed Solar Development, LLC (DSD) is seeking for a Commercial Sales Analyst to join our industry leading commercial sales team. In this role, you will be co-leading the origination of solar and solar plus storage projects alongside of the Commercial Sales team and delivering the highest value proposals for our public and enterprise F500 customers. In this highly cross-functional role, you will collaborate with teams across the company and gain exposure to all aspects of the solar industry, such as Energy Storage, Project Development, Project Finance, Engineering, and Construction. As DSD expands its business scope with Blackrock, you will also have the opportunity to spearhead the development of new key functions, such as Mergers & Acquisitions.
The Commercial Analyst role provides the perfect growth opportunity for your career in the solar industry. As part of the revenue generation unit, you will be able to understand the key drivers for successful solar project development by achieving the best value for our customer, our investor, and DSD. You will also be able to lead and follow the projects throughout the development cycle, in which process you will develop a full suite of skills, including solar analytics, policy research, negotiation, financial modeling, design and engineering, coordination, and leadership.
In addition, through the DSD Analyst Growth Program, you will be trained and supported to grow into a future leader at DSD. The Program offers training packages at onboarding, structured career growth plan, and special initiatives to increase your exposure to other DSD functions. The goal of the Program is to help discover the Analysts’ career interest, develop short-term and long-term career goals, and help analysts build out professional network across the industry.
• Respond to Request for Proposals and direct requests from commercial customers, such as Fortune 500 customers, municipalities, utilities, and institutions, etc.
• Assess the feasibility and value of incoming solar or solar + storage opportunities by understanding how and whether DSD can meet customer needs in terms of scope, economics, and risks.
• Perform competitive analysis to shadow model competitors’ offerings and determine the winning bid strategy. • Conduct rate analysis to determine and maximize the value of solar and/or solar plus storage.
• Run sensitivity analysis on design, sizing, cost, and savings to determine the optimal solution that maximizes customer value proposition.
• Research available incentives, utility policies, tariffs, local requirements, taxes, and other project inputs for markets across the U.S., such as Net Metering.
• Collaborate with Structured Finance to creatively model and structure financing offerings to maximize customer net savings while maintaining internal return requirements.
• Interface extensively with Sales, Development Engineering, and Structured Finance team and serve as a conduit between them to move projects through the development cycle.
• Develop new tools and processes to increase efficiency of the project development cycle. Pursue initiatives to improve efficiency & throughput.
• Travel and go on site visits, pitch and negotiate with customers and partners, attend conferences, and present to DSD Executives
What makes a great Commercial Analyst?
• Ability to manage multiple competing deadlines and short turnarounds while sustaining rigorous attention to detail
• Self-motivated, fast learner, and excited to work in a collaborative team environment
• Willing to challenge oneself by constantly learning and raising hands to solve problems and increase efficiency
• Comfortable with thinking outside the box and patiently seeking for solutions when being challenged with tough problems
• Excellent communication and presentation skills in front of customers as well as strong interpersonal and coordination skills with internal team members
• Strong analytical mind and mathematical skills
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with strong academic records
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, math, science, economics/finance, or related field
• 1-Yr+ work/internship experience in finance or renewable energy field.
• Strong modelling skills, including advanced knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint
San Francisco Bay area preferred. Remote options considered.
Notice to Recruiters & Staffing Agencies Distributed Solar Development has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Distributed Solar Development will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Distributed Solar Development, in any capacity will be considered property of Distributed Solar Development. This policy is applicable to all Distributed Solar Development locations and will be the responsibility of third parties and vendors to understand this policy. Distributed Solar Development will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
About Us Distributed Solar Development (DSD) is transforming the way organizations harness clean energy. With unparalleled capabilities including development, structured financing, project acquisition and long-term asset ownership, DSD creates significant value for our commercial, industrial and municipal customers and partners. Backed by world-leading financial partners like BlackRock Real Assets and rooted in our founding at GE with a 120+ year legacy of innovation, our team brings a distinct combination of ingenuity, rigor, and accountability to every project we manage, acquire, own and maintain. To learn more, visit dsdrenewables.com. Connect with us on LinkedIn and Twitter. Distributed Solar Development is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.