This role will be responsible for supporting the accounting function through performance of a variety of tasks including monthly, quarterly, and annual close procedures and reporting requirements related to the fund, account analysis and financial statement preparation. The Fund Accountant will report to the Fund Accounting Manager.
- Assist in monthly, quarterly, and annual closings
- Record activity and transactions to manage fund including sale of projects, tracking required capital contributions, flow of funds, etc.
- Maintain supporting schedules for the general ledger and financial statements
- Assist in preparation of quarterly waterfall calculation
- Aid with quarterly valuation (HLBV) accounting
- Assist in preparation of capital drawdowns, distributions, and management fee calculations
- Assist in streamlining of accounting processes
- Support the review of PPA's, lease agreements, etc.
- Prepare ad-hoc requests for controller, project accounting manager and fund accounting manager as requested
- Support year-end audit and quarterly reviews
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- 2-3 years of related experience in accounting
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Well organized, very flexible, and strong follow through
- Desire to implement process improvement opportunities
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to grow with development
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; must possess high-level of professionalism
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner
- Working knowledge of partnership/fund accounting concepts
- Proactive, resourceful, efficient with strong decision-making skills; works independently with minimal supervision
Notice to Recruiters & Staffing Agencies Distributed Solar Development has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Distributed Solar Development will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Distributed Solar Development, in any capacity will be considered property of Distributed Solar Development. This policy is applicable to all Distributed Solar Development locations and will be the responsibility of third parties and vendors to understand this policy. Distributed Solar Development will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Distributed Solar Development (DSD) is transforming the way organizations harness clean energy. With unparalleled capabilities including development, structured financing, project acquisition and long-term asset ownership, DSD creates significant value for our commercial, industrial and municipal customers and partners. Backed by world-leading financial partners like BlackRock Real Assets and rooted in our founding at GE with a 120+ year legacy of innovation, our team brings a distinct combination of ingenuity, rigor, and accountability to every project we manage, acquire, own and maintain. To learn more, visit dsdrenewables.com. Connect with us on LinkedIn and Twitter. Distributed Solar Development is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.