Distributed Solar Development (DSD) seeks a Proposal Writer to join its growing team. Distributed Solar Development is a C&I business that works with municipalities and other organizations to build and sell solar energy solutions. The person in this position will work with deal teams to respond to Request for Proposals (RFPs), write proposals, maintain a content database for use in responding to RFPs, perform administrative tasks associated with the proposal process, and ensure that all proposals meet the company’s high standards of quality and branding.
A strong applicant will be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and have knowledge of or be able to rapidly learn the technical and financial drivers of solar energy development. The Proposal Writer must be able to support several projects concurrently while sustaining rigorous attention to detail. The Proposal Writer will drive proposal strategy, oversee the creation of proposal content, and coordinate the entire proposal process from initial review to submission. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience and a track record of success through a previous position at a renewable energy developer or other relevant employer. Experience supporting multiple principals (such as sales leads, VPs, etc.) is beneficial.
- Write RFP responses and manage DSD’s proposal process for RFPs from commercial, industrial, and small utility customers.
- Support several RFP responses simultaneously while sustaining rigorous attention to detail and meeting deadlines.
- Develop and maintain core RFP content to be used for future proposals.
- Provide initial assessments of proposal requirements to lead go/no-go discussions.
- Coordinate all proposal development activities including leveraging internal and external resources to develop competitive RFP responses.
- Manage each proposal process to meet strict deadlines; coordinate with Sales, Project Finance, Legal, and Engineering to keep proposal creation activities on schedule.
- Develop new systems, project management tools, and processes for tracking, developing, and organizing proposal creation efforts. Pursue initiatives to reduce cycle time and increase throughput.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience
- Experience in proposal writing in Solar, Energy or Construction industries
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple competing deadlines and short turnarounds
- Effective communication skills with the ability to organize deal teams including individuals from various business functions
- Experience in the renewable energy sector preferred
- Proposal writing or technical writing experience preferred
- Project management experience; experience interacting with a variety of stakeholders to complete projects
- Occasional travel may be required
Distributed Solar Development provides customized turnkey PV energy and energy storage solutions to businesses, enterprises, institutions, and municipalities throughout North America. Headquartered in Schenectady, NY with a team spanning across the United States, we leverage our unmatched market expertise to deliver exceptional customer outcomes. Distributed Solar Development is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.