Distributed Solar Distribution, is seeking a Development/Sr. Development Engineer to join our Development Engineering Team. This position will interact with clients, sales teams, interconnection, project engineering, project management, and finance.
- Prepare site layouts and single line diagrams using tools including Helioscope, SketchUp, SunDAT, AutoCad (Civil 3D preferred), and Helioscope.
- Optimize PV system layout to deliver lowest project-specific levelized cost of energy (LCOE)
- Complete thorough solar production assessments using PVsyst
- Support utility interconnection and permitting application processes
- Perform detailed site visits to gather pertinent information required to perform proper project due diligence
- Represent DSD at RFP site walks and other client meetings
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering preferred. Electrical Engineering a plus
- 2+ years of solar industry experience for Development Engineer
- Basic knowledge of NEC preferred
- Proficiency in Solar PV software modeling applications such as Helioscope, Microsoft Excel, PVsyst, AutoCad Civil 3D and SketchUp, and SunDAT
- Experience with production modeling with industry leading Independent Engineering interface for clients and/or financing partners
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Notice to Recruiters & Staffing Agencies Distributed Solar Development has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Distributed Solar Development will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Distributed Solar Development, in any capacity will be considered property of Distributed Solar Development. This policy is applicable to all Distributed Solar Development locations and will be the responsibility of third parties and vendors to understand this policy. Distributed Solar Development will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.