Utility and Interconnection Analyst/Associate, Distributed Solar Development
Location: preference for NYC, but will evaluate San Francisco as well
We are seeking an experienced and ambitious Utility and Interconnection Analyst/Associate to bring much needed surge capacity to DSD’s Development Team. This position will be report to the Interconnection Manager and will be responsible for supporting DSD’s Utility Interconnection Team on solar PV and energy storage projects between 250 kW and 20 MW in size from project origination through commercial operation. Candidates must prioritize and excel in standardizing processes, and fostering collaboration within the business while building important partnerships with key external stakeholders as well.
· Submit and track progress of utility interconnection and incentive applications to successfully navigate complex processes and secure approvals.
· Quickly come up to speed on industry and interconnect strategies by region / utility.
· Support Interconnection Manager with technical negotiations with utilities on interconnection studies and agreements.
· Monitor and expedite where possible all interconnection activities, utilizing standardization and automation to reduce timelines and improve quality both internally and externally.
· Identify, document, and manage interconnection & incentive risks through the life of the contract.
· Establish relationships with key stakeholders including utility representatives and stay persistent in efforts to track down crucial information.
· Coordinate with utilities on project status, communicate utility feedback and collaborate with Project Managers & Developers on interconnection strategy.
· Assist with due diligence process, providing updates to Interconnection Manager & Project Development team members on project timelines.
· Provide weekly and monthly reporting on regional breakdowns, trends, forecasts, and process improvements. Analyze utility performance metrics, such as approval timelines and rejection data.
· Research tariffs, incentives, net metering rules (and remaining cap) and interconnection requirements of current and prospective new markets for Commercial solar business.
· Gather market intelligence in core and expanding markets to support and provide strategy recommendations to Origination team on solar incentives, net metering and interconnection rules/opportunities.
· Bachelor’s Degree (Technical or Business) and minimum of 5 years of experience in construction permitting, utility interconnect execution, incentive application or regulatory compliance experience in the power or construction industry (including Understanding of all relevant utility interconnection procedures)
· Master’s Degree and minimum of 2 years of experience in construction permitting, utility interconnect execution, incentive application or regulatory compliance experience in the power or construction industry (Including Understanding of all relevant utility interconnection procedures)
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS :
· Ability to travel (20%)
· Fluency in English with effective written and oral communication skills
· You have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, and you are able to influence, build rapport and get through to people at all levels of the organization.
· You are a self-starter, highly organized, and able to self-direct and work independently capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced but exhilarating environment, where many demands and requests will present themselves and you’ll need the ability to prioritize.
· You have the ability to manage multiple complex processes simultaneously while adhering to critical deliverables and deadlines
· You are a strong presenter, instill trust and confidence in those you’re speaking to, and can persuasively pitch concepts and value propositions to both internal stakeholders and external customers.
· You are able to find areas in processes ripe for improvement and can build out/suggest methods to automate or streamline process.
· You have strong research skills and are able to synthesize relevant information and disseminate to the company in a digestible and meaningful way
Distributed Solar Development, a GE Renewable Energy venture, is part of the evolution to cleaner, secure, more customer-focused energy. From analysis, through design and finance, to commercial operation, DSD provides customized turnkey PV energy and energy storage solutions to businesses, enterprises, institutions and municipalities throughout North America. Headquartered in Schenectady, NY with a team spanning across the United States, we leverage our unmatched market expertise to deliver exceptional customer outcomes. Distributed Solar Development is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.