Distributed Solar Development, LLC (DSD) seeks a Senior Sales Director to join its growing team. DSD develops, owns and operates “C&I” solar and solar plus storage projects with municipalities, F500 companies, and utilities. The Senior Sales Director role will monitor, lead and advise DSD customers on economic and financial value proposition of solar systems transactions based on each unique customer’s economic needs.
The DSD Sales Director will engage with the analyst and proposal teams to generate commercial proposals. You will lead and define customer economic opportunity strategies, create simple yet effective customer pricing and proposal solutions, build customer relationships to maximize sales and coordinate with support organizations as necessary. This role will have the responsibility to source new commercial deals and interface with customers to determine commercial and technical needs. You will manage the deal flow process from inquiry through contract financial terms negotiations.
As the DSD Senior Sales Director, you will:
· Have demonstrated success meeting and exceeding annual quotas selling direct specifically assigned accounts within the Fortune 1000 and MUSH market customers.
· Have demonstrated success selling financed solutions for in front of meter or behind the meter solutions.
· Must be able to demonstrate having won business using research and relationship derived insight to drive repeat business with customer base.
· Be able to articulate and deliver the full economic, strategic, and environmental value represented by the DSD and its partners.
· Manage the customer sales cycle from award to definitive contract closure.
· Participate / present at industry events and seminars to solve customer energy problems and promote DSD
· Drive customer engagement from initial meetings, conceptual pitches to firm pricing contracts, and contract signatures championing the DSD business
· Maintain knowledge of solar economic market trends, customer requirements, competitor actions, and customer base
· Able to lead a team of subject matter experts in order to sell large scale on-site generation projects across multiple locations under a single contract.
· Proficiently perform all required sales activities including sales prospecting, qualifying, account management, proposals, presentations, networking, relationship building, and partnering
· Active Pipeline management through DSD CRM platform.
· Bachelor's Degree from accredited college or university
· Minimum of 5 years of experience associated with solar or other power generation products in sales, economics, finance, application engineering and/or marketing
· Willingness and ability to travel, as required
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, or related field
· High level of attention to detail
· Ability to manage multiple competing deadlines and short turnarounds
· Effective communication skills with the ability to be at least ‘conversational competent’ with experts from other business functions within a solar development organization
· Self-motivated and excited to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, team environment
San Francisco Bay area, Boston, or NYC preferred. Remote options considered.
Additional Eligibility Requirement
DSD will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Distributed Solar Development, a GE Renewable Energy venture, is part of the evolution to cleaner, secure, more customer-focused energy. From analysis, through design and finance, to commercial operation, DSD provides customized turnkey PV energy and energy storage solutions to businesses, enterprises, institutions and municipalities throughout North America. Headquartered in Schenectady, NY with a team spanning across the United States, we leverage our unmatched market expertise to deliver exceptional customer outcomes. Distributed Solar Development is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.