Location: New York City, NY
Role Summary/Purpose: This role will be responsible for supporting the accounting function through managing fund transactions, aiding in the valuation process, and preparing our financial statements. The Senior Accountant will report to the Controller.
- Record activity and transactions to manage fund including sale of projects, tracking required capital contributions, flow of funds, etc.
- Liaison with internal project finance team and external investors
- Maintain legal entity structure in ERP
- Aid with quarterly valuation (HLBV) accounting
- Support year end audit and quarterly reviews, engage in technical accounting dialog with external auditors
- Assist in monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- Review and conclude upon accounting treatment of PPA's, lease agreements, etc.
- Work with external valuation team to aid in updates to valuation model
- Work with tax compliance to ensure accurate Investor reporting
- Review of capital drawdowns, distributions and management fee calculations
- Oversee bonding and all trade finance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- 5-7 years of related experience in public accounting and/or private equity fund administration.
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Renewable energy experience preferred
- Working knowledge of partnership/fund accounting concepts
- Well organized, very flexible, and strong follow through
- Proactive, resourceful, efficient with strong decision-making skills; works independently with minimal supervision
- Desire to implement process improvement opportunities
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to grow with development
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; must possess high-level of professionalism
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner
- Ability to interact with staff at all levels and personality types in a fast-paced environment
Additional Eligibility Requirement
DSD will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Distributed Solar Development, a GE Renewable Energy venture, is part of the evolution to cleaner, secure, more customer-focused energy. From analysis, through design and finance, to commercial operation, DSD provides customized turnkey PV energy and energy storage solutions to businesses, enterprises, institutions and municipalities throughout North America. Headquartered in Schenectady, NY with a team spanning across the United States, we leverage our unmatched market expertise to deliver exceptional customer outcomes. Distributed Solar Development is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.