Distributed Solar Development is seeking a Development Engineer to join our Development Engineering Team. This position will interact with clients, sales teams, interconnection, project engineering, project management, and finance.
- Prepare site layouts and single line diagrams using tools including Helioscope, SketchUp, SunDAT, AutoCad (Civil 3D preferred), and Helios3D.
- Optimize PV system layout to deliver lowest project-specific levelized cost of energy (LCOE)
- Complete thorough solar production assessments using PVsyst
- Support utility interconnection and permitting application processes
- Perform detailed site visits to gather pertinent information required to perform proper project due diligence
- Represent Distributed Solar Development at RFP site walks and other client meetings
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering preferred. Electrical Engineering a plus
- 2+ years of solar industry experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of NEC preferred
- Proficiency in Solar PV software modeling applications such as Helioscope, Microsoft Excel, PVsyst, AutoCad Civil 3D and Helios3D, SketchUp, and SunDAT
- Experience with production modeling with industry leading Independent Engineering interface for clients and/or financing partners
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills