Needs to be Proficient with CAD/CAM software for drafting and illustrating, including three-dimensional (3D) perspectives of documentation to satisfy documentation requirements for Engineering, Manufacturing and Marketing
Revit/BIM experience preferred
• Renders new product concept illustrations from free-hand sketches or marketing or engineering input. Structure layouts and component detail.
• Makes suggestions to operations team on various design requirements and recommends possible solutions or alternate constructions. Prepares evaluations of strength of materials, tolerances and stresses, and weights and cubed dimensions.
• Prepares new or improved product and component documents for engineering and manufacturing including layouts, blueprints, assembly, as-built and detail drawings. This can also include development of drawings for special tools, fixtures, process, and test equipment.
• Creates product or component illustrations including block diagrams, schematics, isometric illustrations, orthographic illustrations, and three-dimensional perspective illustrations for use in marketing literature, manuals, and sales video presentations.
• Creates exploded-view drawings for operation, service, and assembly manuals from product and component detail drawings and bill of materials in accordance with operating/set-up instructions or assembly/disassembly breakdowns.
• Provides other drafting and illustrating services as required by Operations Team or as requested by the Director of Operations
• Interest in growing and learning other capabilities such as App Design/Development and Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality.