The Martial Arts Instructor will report to the School Manager and Program Director.
We are searching for an enthusiastic Martial Arts Instructor to join our organization. The Martial Arts Instructor's duties include providing practical instruction and ensuring that students learn and operate within a safe, supportive environment. You may be required to provide such lessons during one-on-one and group sessions.
To be successful as a Martial Arts Instructor, you should ensure that lessons remain fun and engaging, while encouraging a deep respect for oneself and others. Ultimately, an outstanding Martial Arts Instructor will develop students' confidence in their abilities.
- Providing instruction on level-appropriate forms and techniques.
- Informing students about the historical and theoretical underpinnings of these techniques.
- Fostering discipline and respect within the classroom.
- Supervising students to ensure that interactions remain safe at all times.
- Encouraging the appropriate use of techniques learned, both within and outside of the classroom.
- Providing lectures and demonstrations to parents, companies, and other members of the public to promote safety.
- Organizing and leading pertinent events such as testing, workshops, camps, and tournaments.
- Receiving and tracking cash and electronic payments.
- Informing students about their progress.
- Black belt in Taekwondo. ATA Certified Instructor a huge plus.
- Prior experience teaching Martial Arts to students of varying ages and fitness levels a plus.
- Physically agile.
- Top-notch leadership skills.
- Outstanding verbal communication skills with the capacity to command attention.
- Respectful, supportive, and fair approach to teaching.
- Excellent events planning skills.
- Deeply passionate about Martial Arts and self-development.
- Must clear a criminal background check.