Van Leeuwen Ice Cream is hiring part-time team and full-time members to work at our upcoming Montrose Ice Cream Shop (expected to open at the end of February 2022). Our team members are the ultimate Van Leeuwen ambassadors as they exemplify our world-class standards in everything they do. Our team members must have availability to work at least three shifts per week and past 11PM. We are looking for self-starters who are easily able to work as a part of a team or alone. The ideal candidate is someone with amazing energy, fantastic people skills, and a love for ice cream!
Full Time Ice Cream Servers at Van Leeuwen's Houston scoop shops have made on average up to $23 per hour (this includes hourly rate + Tips and is year-to-date averages).
- Prepare and serve guests all menu items in accordance with established service and build-out standards.
- Process guest transactions of purchased menu selections at the register and receive/process payment.
- Maintain store cleanliness and follow all proper sanitation guidelines.
- Deliver excellent guest service to all customers.
- Complete inventory tasks, as well as receive and arrange delivery from vendors and Van Leeuwen HQ.
- Follow Van Leeuwen's established safety, grooming, uniform, and employee conduct standards.
- Ability to operate POS system
- Able to push/pull 50 lbs. of weight
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible availability
- Able to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Food handlers certificate a plus
- Barista experience a plus