The Customer Relationship Manager oversees the Customer Relationship Team. Along with Customer Relationship Associates, the Customer Relationship Manager also serves as a primary point of contact for distributors and customers with queries about products, orders, and shipments. This position must be passionate about providing excellent support to the sales force to ensure a premium customer experience for all distributors, surgeon customers and hospital administration.
The Customer Relationship Manager must have a deep knowledge of best practices in customer service and sales administration. This knowledge will be leveraged to analyze data, produce reports for the sales team and company leadership, assist with sales forecasts, and identify opportunities to improve sales support processes. This position is responsible for tracking instruments and implants in the field and working with the sales team to ensure proper allocation of these assets to support sales. Exceptional Excel and report-building skills, an analytical mind, creative thinking and initiative are necessary to succeed.
The candidate will also be responsible for the day to day management of all Customer Relationship Associates, provide guidance and feedback to each associate as necessary
Order Entry & Customer Service
· Serve as the primary point of contact for Catalyst Sales Associates and Distributors
· Receive and enter customer orders/changes/returns into company systems in a timely basis
· Check data accuracy in orders and resolve any issues immediately
· Contact distributors and customers to obtain missing information or answer queries
· Listen, document, and help resolve conflicts with customers
Deliver premium quality customer service
· Evaluate current processes, and implement process improvements to create more efficiencies for the Customer Relationship Team and to further enhance relationships with Catalyst Sales Associates and Distributors
· Participate and speak for the Customer Relationship Team in cross functional team meetings that impact Customer Service
· Manage existing Customer Service Team
· Hold monthly 1:1 with associates to receive feedback and address issues
· Create and deliver performance reviews
· Create and report out on monthly metrics.
· Be responsible for hiring and training new Customer Service Associates
· Be cross trained to serve as a field inventory expediter, when the Sr Customer Service Associate is on vacation, or if assistance is needed.
· The candidate will be the voice of the Customer Service Team and work with the Director of Operations to ensure that team members continue to grow and develop.
· On Boarding of Hospital, Distributor, and surgeons
· Ensure accuracy of all pricing in Implant Base vs the Distributor Contract
· Partner with MedEd to train all reps (interna;/external) in Catalyst Policy and Procedures.
· Maintain and update sales and customer records, including processing new distributor and hospital onboarding documentation as well as distributor terminations
Reporting & Analysis
· Analyzing data and prepare detailed weekly, monthly, and annual sales reports
· Gather and organize data and generate deeper customer insight in order to enhance the sales team’s productivity
· Assess data sets and identify sales patterns and opportunities for improvement
Support the Sales Operations department with administrative tasks as requested
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· Five (5) years minimum experience in a medical device company
· Demonstrate strong analytical skills
· Excellent communication skills: written and oral
· Previous customer service management experience or similar management responsibility
· Patience in dealing with customers
· Problem-solving skills and the ability to think under pressure
· Commitment to continual education about the company, products and services
· Skilled in CRM software and databases, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point, SharePoint and Concur