The key responsibilities of the senior scientist include end-to-end ownership of experiment plans and designs to support viral vector downstream process development. The candidate will analyze and present data at cross-functional and process development team meetings. The senior scientist will be responsible for technical leadership during internal and external technological transfers.
- Laboratory leadership and providing direction to support staff during studies
- Take a lead role in developing experimental plans to deliver a platform technology toolbox for clinical candidates
- Perform and analyze Design of Experiment (DOE) studies to develop or optimize processes to ensure a phase-appropriate, consistent, high-yielding, high-purity, and scalable downstream purification.
- Develop and demonstrate a robust, high purity/yield, and scalable purification process for clinical-stage Viral Vectors.
- Compile and present data and conclusion to management
- Serve as technical lead for internal and external tech transfers
- Support downstream external development and manufacturing
- Support upstream process development as required
- Mentor and teach new staff
- Author technical reports
- Perform analytical assays
- Ph.D. with 2-4-years of experience or MS with more than 8 years of relevant industrial experience in Biochemistry, Microbiology, Biology, Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, or a closely related field.
- Solid and hands-on downstream purification experience is required. Downstream process development of viral vectors using viral filtration, AKTA chromatography systems, tangential flow filtration, and centrifugation required
- Technical transfer experience preferred
- Mammalian cell culture experience preferred
- Ability to adapt and perform in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Experience using design software (JMP, MatLab, etc.) preferred
Spirovant is committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.