Spirovant is a gene therapy leader focused on changing the course of cystic fibrosis and other respiratory diseases. Our gene therapy technologies use viral vectors designed to allow effective genetic treatments of these diseases. We are a rapidly growing company located in the biotech heart of University City, Philadelphia.
Spirovant is looking for a Research Associate, within our Analytical Development team, to support our continued expansion and enable our future success.
- Assist in the development of analytical methods in accordance with ICH guidelines.
- Assist in the writing and reviewing of test methods, SOPs, and other documents in accordance with internal practices and quality standards.
- Perform routine testing of analytical methods in support of process development and product characterization using techniques including, but not limited to: ddPCR, ELISAs, RNA/DNA extraction, host cell protein and DNA quantification, and cell-based assays.
- Generate, analyze and effectively communicate data and results to guide decision-making.
- Follow Good Documentation Practices (GDP) when performing and contemporaneously recording experiments.
- Maintain compliance with facility-mandated chemical inventory and safety requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization (i.e., molecular biology, biochemistry, etc) and two years of relevant experience in an Analytical Development or Quality Control setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High attention to detail and meticulous documentation practices
- Self-motivated and ability to effectively work within a collaborative team
- Previous experience with ddPCR, ELISAs, and cell-based assays.
- Previous experience using Electronic Laboratory Notebooks.
- Experience handling viral vectors such as adeno-associated viruses, lentiviruses and adenoviruses
Spirovant is committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.